I create some scrom package with Captivate and uploaded it to Moodle, our learning management system.
The thing is it takes a lot of time to load when I click the course start button.
I had to wait and watch my preloader "loading" for a while.
I optimzed the file and remove all the unnecessary files, and the current file size is 19.2 mb.
Is it still too large?
Is it Moodle's issue or I can do something within Captivate?
Is the project working fine when published locally?
Did you tried to upload the project to any other LMS, Like Scorm cloud?
Scorm cloud has a free membership where you can sign up and test this project.
19.2 mb is not a big file size, and it should work and load without any issue.
Please try the suggestions and let me know
Along with Aditya's reply, there are alot of things that can influence load time:
1. How 'quick' is the server the LMS is hosted on? Is it well-equipped?
2. How fast is the LMS server's internet connection? How saturated is it?
3. What's the speed/latency and status of the connection between the user's machine and the LMS server?
4. How's the user's internet connection?
5. What's the spec of the user's computer? Can it render a large file in a reasonable amount of time?
and, of course...
6. How large is the lesson file? The larger it is, the longer it'll take to get to the user.
Regarding the preloader, note the balance...
You can set it closer to 10%, which means the lesson should start for the user faster...but you could get delays between pages as the rest of the content is still being loaded.
Or you can set it closer to 100%, so all content is loaded to the user's computer before it starts playing...so a nice experience once the lesson starts...but it'll take longer for the lesson to start...
Europe, Middle East and Africa