Skip navigation
Beachhonk
Currently Being Moderated

my goal: "convert into pdf" --> the file is instantly saved with the same name as pdf. feasible?

Jun 21, 2012 12:25 PM

Good evening dear experts,

i use Adobe Acrobat 9 pro extend to convert word, ppt, jepgs etc. into pdfs.

No if i

1) convert a ppt into a pdf: it asks --> "save as" --> converts --> opens the file

2) convert a jpeg into a pdf: it instantly --> opens the file as pdf --> i need to save it manual under "save as"

In both cases i want to

my goal: "convert into pdf" --> the file is instantly saved with the same name as pdf

WITHOUT asking me "save as" + "opening of the file".

Is the possible, and if yes, HOW ?

A fast answer is very very much appreciated, for i have to convert hundreds of files tonight in order to get it into 1 pdf

Thx and greetings from Germany,

Julia

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Beachhonk

The options are generally set in the printer preferences shown below:

Clipboard03.jpg

You would typically adjust the output folder setting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 8:29 PM   in reply to Beachhonk

To change it as the default go to the Start>Printers and Devices and right click on the Adobe PDF printer, Then select printing preferences and go to the 3rd tab. If you happen to go into preferences instead, check the properties button on the general tab to get to the preferences. When you select a printer or open an application, it goes and gets this information as the default. PDF Maker is a bit default and it seems that what you set in the application stays the default for current versions of PDF Maker. However, for the printer, follow the steps I listed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to Beachhonk

I hope I am not that late to give provide you this option :

You can use Batch Processing in Acrobat 9 (Action Wizard in Acrobat X) to convert all documents stored in one/many folders to .pdf and save them automatically in other folder with same/modified name. It's faster and automated.

Rick Borstein has wondefully explained it on his blog (Although its for OCR but you just have to select the option Print or Convert to PDF):

https://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2005/10/batch_ocr_using_1/

You can also watch tihs video: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-tips-and-tricks/automating-tasks-in- acrobat/

If I am not late.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to Beachhonk

Hi Julia,

To test this, I created a test1 folder inside a test folder and put one image in each of them. I then executed the action and it converted both the JPEGs into PDFs and placed them in the respective folder. You can run the action whenever you want.

If you want to convert only the latest files, simple- arrange the files in the folders by dates. Select the files together. move them to a new folder and after that whenever you will put a new file in there it will get converted to the PDF. That's the purpose of Watched Folder - 'it's being watched'.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points