Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 crashes Firefox 13 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_EXEC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug reported: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210091

Add mine to the dozen or so (and growing) threads reporting similar after "upgrade" to newest Flash 11.3.300.257

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Union_Thug, does disabling protected mode resolve this problem for you?

How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris. I have uninstalled Flash 11.3 & reinstalled 11.2.202.235. I will attempt the workaround suggested in your reply & post the results but am reluctant  to employ this as a permanent solution-- disabling a security enhancement as a FIX? Don';t think so... Switching to Chrome 19 as default browser.

Regards,

U_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled 11.3.300.257 and after crashing upon Flash verification, I'm happy to report Firefox appears to be working "normally"-- Go figure?  Added crash report (reinstall_Flash.zip) here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210091

No need for workaround.

Message was edited by: Union_Thug--spelling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it's working.  I didn't mean to suggest that disabling protected mode was a solution, just a test to see if it was involved with your crash.  Thanks for adding the bug report!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bump into this thread and all but flash player crashes on me on firefox 13. I had adblock plus as an addon could that be a problem? :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems that these other 2 posters are experiencing. I keep getting popups saying that my Flash Player and the plugin for Firefox has crashed or stopped working.  I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit desktop PC and I am using Firefox 13 as my browser.

These problems did not occur until this last update for Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have did that like 4 times! and still a flash player crash.. and this crash didn't happen before the update.. 😕 I highly believe it is a bug in flash player.. ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's a bug in this newest Flash update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same here for me:

...this looks as a "less silent" crash when I close FF I see the silent crash in the "pending crash" folder and... >windows vista crash report< tells me:

Nome evento problema:     BEX

Nome applicazione:     plugin-container.exe

Versione applicazione:     13.0.0.4535

Timestamp applicazione:     4fc8de63

Nome modulo con errori:     NPSWF32_11_3_300_257.dll_unloaded

Versione modulo con errori:     0.0.0.0

Timestamp modulo con errori:     4fc821fc

Offset eccezione:     64f99903

Codice eccezione:     c0000005

Dati eccezione:     00000008

Versione SO:     6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

ID impostazioni locali:     1040

Informazioni aggiuntive 1:     27dd

Ulteriori informazioni 2:     b76caa7c2627bab0b68e16f682ad848f

Ulteriori informazioni 3:     ff08

Ulteriori informazioni 4:     4fae96fb14b9fa70f5513f6819ad1b00

==>>> very important:

disabling protection mode in flash 11.3, all is ok!!!

no crash (because > no additional processes in task manager _flashplugin_-- that conflict with container ,) I guess, the new flash processes let firefox to not close (better: to not find!!) the container.exe> crash of the container after closing firefox.

I added my dump.zip repost PLUS this message from windows that quotes the container and the flash plugin.

By setting protected mode to 0 looks like an temporarly workaround.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747683

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210025

=> reset firefox to the defaults offers no valid resolution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these same silent crashes in Windows 7 Pro 64bit w/ FF13 if I run Flash with Protected Mode enabled.  All my videos and everything played fine so I never suspected anything.  I have quite a number of them in about:crashes

For now, I've set Protected Mode = 0 in that mms.cfg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@booky_6403 and coolmichaelrocks - we are trying to get a handle on the different issues users are encountering and because yours doesn't seem to be resolved by any recommendations here... may i ask that you start your own threads so we can follow up individually?  please post your crash log links to mozilla.

if you do a about:crashes in the url bar, they should be prepended with "bp-" for the ones submitted.  we can then review them and move on from there.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks libflashplayer.so.

I have started a new thread and I hope that I have submitted the link right. I'll be waiting to hear back from you as to what my next steps should be.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. FF crashing, not responding, etc...

Switching to Chrome, buh bye Firefox after MANY years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use firefox exclusively, unless i'm otherwise testing.  there's no reson to switch just yet.

we are seeing different reports.  there is a known incompatibility with the real plugin.  you could try uninstalling the real player, if you have it installed, to see if this is your issue.

reference:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/crash-leaving-browser-page-flas h.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash updated today (v. 11.3.300.257), and crashing left and right on Firefox 14. Never had a problem before. Been using FF/Flash combo for years. Other specs: Win7/64 fully loaded.  Please fix! Thanks.

**Edit: No real player installed on this unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls fix it. I had this problem for 3 days on Win7 64bit FF13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Flash 11.3.300.257 and am running Firefox 13 as we speak.  I have Win7 SP1 64 bit and have not encountered one error yet....and I've tried multiple sites.  From many reports, this seems to be isolated with Vista and Win7 running protected mode, but XP seems to be unaffected.  Is XP affected by this reported problem and is Adobe going to release anything formally on their bulletin site regarding the affected platforms?  .......Or.....is this a Firefox 13 issue with incompatability between it and the new Adobe Flash Player update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still actively investigating problems.  I've updated the troubleshooting FAQ (see below) with new information and steps.  We're also in the process of updating public tech notes available on adobe.com.

Since many of these problems are related to the new Protected Mode in Firefox, XP will not be affected because the Protected Mode feature is not available on this platform.

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a doing a test installation of Flash Player 11.3.300.257 to about 10 PCs in our Win7 64-bit environment, we have experienced Firefox hanging and acting unresponsively on nearly every one of these PCs, whenever opening a website with Flash content.

We are using Firefox 10.0.5 ESR so this issue is not only on Firefox 13. Setting ProtectedMode=0 appears to remove the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disabling the realplayer plugin worked for me. if you have realplayer installed, try (in firefox) going to tools, addons, extensions, and disale the realplayer one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11,3,300,262 installed

the changelog please,

because I still notice the issue: ff loses the focus when you open a tab with flash the first time!

??!!

thanks.

PS: at the moment no audio problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

=> if you open a tab with flash WHILE the flash processes and container are active in the task manager, no problem

=> if you open a tab with flash when the process are NOT present more in the task manager, you go the defocus in ff!

please consider my report  and tell mozilla too, becuase i am unable to open another bug in bugzilla thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks schützenkönig, do you have a bug number that I can reference for the focus issue?

For others users continuing to run into stability problems with Firefox, we've just released a new version of Windows Flash Player for Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other browsers.  Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

6/21/2012 - Windows Flash Player Update

Download here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines