Skip navigation
waterworshipper
Currently Being Moderated

Question premiere elements 9 Missing files?

Jun 23, 2012 2:20 PM

Tags: #file #missing #9 #premiere #elements #in

Can anyone help me?

Worked on a project for 40 hours open and closed it 30 times. Today I went back to open it the same way I always do and the file is just gone! Not listed by title any where! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Jesus how could this happen. Right away there was something different when I started the program when I click on exsisting project button usually you see the last four or five project file names listed. This time it showed the word " open "showed no file names listed as it did in the past! Couldn't find the file any where. I am I missing something? Is there a way to recover this file? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Completely wrong place... go to http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and select Premiere Elements from the drop down list

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Here is the link to the PrE Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements?view=discussions

Before you post there, please gather a bit more information. This ARTICLE will give you and idea of what would so very useful, for others to help troubleshoot your problem.

Good luck, and see you there.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to waterworshipper

Have you solved your first issue yet?

If we suggest something, will you follow up promptly and post your results instead of just letting it float for another 6 months?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

So where on your hard drive did you save your project file?

Do you have more than one hard drive on your computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 9:06 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Per my PM suggestion, here is a look at one of my recent "long credit Rolls," done with a PSD from Photoshop (720 x 4000 pixels), Keyframing the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, to create the Roll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgpWFmkdPM

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Actually, if the OP is using a template that has the roll already configured, that won't help, Bill.

If this template is set to roll, double-click on the clip to open the Titler workspace.

Make sure that the block of text is selected and then click the Roll/Crawl options button in the lower left of the Titler adjustments panel.

When the Roll/Crawl options panel opens, make the box for Start Off Screen is NOT checked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Yes. In my PM, I pointed out that I am creating my long-Roll Titles from scratch, and they do not utilize a Template.

Now, there are a couple of Titles in the Aquarium Template group, where one IS a Rolling credits, and another that is a Lower-Third Title Template, and basically provides a graphic, with blank space for additional Text.

Instead of using the Aquarium Rolling Credits Title, I would create that by hand in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, to accommodate more Text, rather than trying to split long Text over several versions of the Template.

However, I have created multiple long-Roll credit Titles, where I needed even more space, than the 4000 pixels could provide (4096 was the old max, but PrE 11 might have changed that upward a bit?). In those cases, I did everything the same, as outlined above, but spread over multiple long-Roll Titles. I just broke my Text into logical groups, say Actors on Title 01, Production Crew on Title 02, etc. By adjusting the Motion>Position for each of those, one follows the previous one, and as they are separate groups of credits, a little space (more than the normal Leading of the lines of Text), I do not have to be 100% perfect. The Titles are placed end-to-end on Video Track 2, and one follows the previous. Visually, they appear to be the same set of credits, with just different subjects, and the viewer never knows that they are really separate Titles.

If I wanted to do that "behind" say, the Aquarium Lower-Third graphic, I would just place that Lower-Third on Video Track 3, to show the Rolling credits behind that, but atop the Video (or Stills) on Video Track 1.

The limitation of using the Aquarium Rolling credits Title, is that it is designed to animate a 720 x 480 (not sure if there is an HD version, but it would still have the pixel x pixel limitations of an HD Frame Size), so the amount of Text is limited - with a custom, long-Roll Title, one has much, much more space to work with, and if they still run out of space, breaking the credits by subject, on separate Titles, will accommodate that.

Good luck to the OP, and I see that I should have saved a Copy of my PM, so that I could have Pasted that to the forum. It was my mistake to only give a brief abstract here, but I had been in the air (or an airport lounge) for about 23 hours at that time, so was not really thinking clearly, and did my PM response before I knew that the OP had also posted to the forum - my bad. Hope that I do better in 2013!

Happy New Year to all.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to waterworshipper

Just a final note, re your postings to the Adobe forum, Bob.

When you post from your portable device or phone, your post includes your name, e-mail address and phone number.w

We always warn people against including their e-mail addresses when they post because spambots cruise forum sites looking for e-mail addresses to spam. I'm recommend you be careful not to include your e-mail address and web site addresses with any post.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to waterworshipper

I've deleted your personal contact information, Bob.

But just know that your iPhone (or whatever portable device you're using) posts your personal information automatically when you respond by e-mail.

In order for your personal information NOT to appear, you'll either have to change the settings in your portable device or, better, use a computer's web browser to reply to or ask questions on this forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 11:41 AM   in reply to waterworshipper

Have you looked at our Basic Training tutorials for Premiere Elements, Bob? They might be very helpful.

My books also offer step by step instructions for these basic tasks. I also have a course on Premiere Elements on http://www.Lynda.com, if you prefer tutorials to books (although the Lynda course is for version 11).

To burn a DVD of your video:

1) Add menu markers, if you'd like scene markers on your DVD.

2) Go to the Disc Menus tab and select a DVD menu, if you'd like our disc to have menus.

3) Go to the Share tab and select the option Disc option.

4) On the Disc Sharing screen, select DVD. Set the preset button to Disc, put your blank DVD in your computer's DVD burner and then click the Burn button.

Let the program render, transcode and burn and out will come a DVD!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Bob,

That "no burner detected" can have several causes:

1. The OS cannot find the multi-drive/burner, but one can check that out in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager
    2. Some other program has hooked the multi-driver/burner, and has reported that it's really a removeable hard drive
    3. The firmware of the multi-drive/burner is mis-reporting the drive (usually a SenseCode Error will occur, but not always).

This article might be helpful, especially if other software has hooked the multi-drive/burner at boot up: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3127429#3127429

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Bob,

Maybe I missed your desired output. Is it a DVD-Video, or something else?

What you describe sounds like an Export/Share with Multiplexing turned OFF. The result would be the Video Stream in one file, the Audio Stream in another, with the "helper files." Also, that can happen, even with Multiplexing turned ON, if the Export/Share process does not complete.

If you ARE trying to output a DVD-Video (as I thought I had read), and you are having issues with your multi-drive/burner from within PrE, then I would recommend a different workflow. Choose Burn to Folder, which will create a VIDEO_TS folder, where you direct PrE to do so. Inside that VIDEO_TS foler, will be the IFO, BUP and VOB files. Then, use a burning utility, like the great, free ImgBurn, to do the physical burn, from that folder.

If I have missed something very important, please just correct me.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Are you Exporting/Sharing, or are you using PrE to author a DVD-Video, and that is where the Audio is missing?

On your Timeline, do you get full Audio?

What are the Audio Assets on the Timeline?

Which Audio Tracks are they located on?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to waterworshipper

OK, just to recap, you have Imported your Clips, with both Audio & Video, have placed them on the Timeline (Audio going to one of the Audio Tracks, and Video to one of the Video Tracks), then edited them. When done, you wish to author a DVD. Is that correct? If not, please let me know where I am going wrong.

In PrE, do you hear Audio, when you play the Timeline?

When you go to Create Menus, choose the Menu Set Template, that you want, and then Preview (little DVD player will open up, and play an emulation of your Project), do you still hear the Audio?

After you are satisfied with that Preview, the next step would be to Burn to Disc. However, above, you stated that PrE was not seeing your multi-drive/burner. Is that still the case?

If it is, then my workflow would be to Burn to Folder. This will create a VIDEO_TS folder, with the necessary DVD-Video files, IFO's, BUP's and VOB's, inside that VIDEO_TS folder. It will be located on your computer, where you directed PrE. That VIDEO_TS folder can then be played in a DVD software player, like the free MediaPlayer Classic HC (or others), to be tested. Do you still hear the Audio?

If that VIDEO_TS folder does play back perfectly, and you hear the Audio, then you can use the great, free disc burning utility, ImgBurn, to do the physical Burn to Disc. It has several advantages over the burning utility in PrE:

• It allows one to adjust the Burn Speed down, and this is good for a great DVD-Video.
    • It interfaces with the multi-drive/burner at a hardware level, by-passing any program, that might hook the burner, where PrE interfaces through the OS, and if the multi-drive/burner has been "hooked," the OS will report that no burner is preset.
    • It has a little utility built in, that will survey the blank media, and tell you who made it. High-quality blank discs are very important to getting a successful DVD-Video, that can be played on a set-top player. I recommend Falcon Pro, Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden blank discs, and never Memorex, recent TDK's, or Riteks, or any "store brand."
    • One other benefit is that ImgBurn makes it easy to do multiple DVD's, from that VIDEO_TS folder.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points