Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to transform a shape?

Jun 23, 2012 9:26 PM

Tags: #help #transform #selection #paths #shapes #shape #selection_tool #pen #direct_selection_tool #handles #transform_shape #transform_path #move_shape #move_path

Hello:

Let's say I draw a rectangle and I want to change its shape. How do I go about doing that?

I found some information in the faq's but it didn't fully help me.

I have selected the Direct Selection tool and clicked on the outlines of the shape (the path?) and this brings up 4 squares on each corner (handles?) and when I click and drag I am able to pull the line/path out, up, down etc.

However, I would like to be able to move the lines in a curve. I am looking to bring up the line with the round handles ~ like when the Pen tool is used.

I did it once by mistake but now I can't figure out what I did. I thought maybe that I had used Ctrl + click on the shape or path but that doesn't seem to be it.

I also tried going to the Pen tool to manipulate the path the way I want but that just either added or took away a handle ~ which is okay and great and all but not for what I am trying to accomplish.

So, if you could kindly remind me of how I go about bringing up that line    o---------------little square---------------o on a shape I would be happy to build you a monument in Times Square and then to travel there weekly to worship at your feet ; )

Thank you so very much!!

Be well and take care,

Kara

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to Kar209

Hold down on the pen tool icon in the tool,bar and you will see a convert point tool. This tool is use to create curves from the corner points. Just drag on the selected point and it will create new handles. You can repeat this process as many times as you wish if needed. Clicking once on a point will make it a corner point again.

Short cut time on windows computer -  you can hit the p key to select the pen tool. While you have the pen tool selected, you can use the modifier keys.

shift key - removes points

ctrl key - direct selection tool

alt key - convert points tool

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 11:22 PM   in reply to Kar209

You're welcome...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...