Skip navigation
m2425
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 Menu

Jun 22, 2012 9:19 PM

Why is it that my menus for blu-ray are being encoded with mpeg 2 and not h.264, and my settings are in h.264. I thought Adobe fixed this.

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2012 11:10 PM   in reply to m2425

    I tried with a very short project and this is not a problem with my project. What exactlry are you doing?

    Where did you see that the menus are being encoded in MPEG-2 and not in H.264?

     

    -Ramesh.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2012 11:45 PM   in reply to m2425

    I am sorry but I didn't get what you said. You said that Encore CS6 gave you the menus encoded in H264 but BDEdit said that it was MPEG-2.

    Then you used CS5. (This had this bug of encoding the menus in MPEG-2 always irrespective ot the project settings.) If this is the problem that you are seeing with CS5, then this is a bug is CS5 that has been fixed in CS6.

    Any update to CS6 should not have effect on this behavior because I am trying with the update only. This should work in CS6.

     

    -Ramesh.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 12:15 AM   in reply to m2425

    Well, that sounds strange to me as I am also on the Encore Update (6.0.1.013).

    Could you post the screen shot of your project settings and the folder where you see that the file is MPEG-2?

     

    -Thanks,

    Ramesh.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to m2425

    Also Encore 6.0.1.013

     

    Did a quick test.

     

    Simple BD project, blank Hd menu, added a placeholder background, added one button, used the library Crib m2v (which is mpeg2) and added as motion background, duplicated the menu and linked the button to the other menu.

     

    I used my default (1080p 29.97 30Mbps max) and then your settings (1080p 23.976 15Mbps).

     

    Using Mediainfo and BDEdit, all the streams are H264.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to m2425

    Yes, interlaced (of course)!

     

    Well, the problem should be repeatable, and I always allow for operator error (you're looking at the wrong files, for example).

     

    Try my experiment and confirm you get the mpeg2. What is different (from my experiment) that you are doing? For example, I added background motion rather than some other way of forcing a render.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to m2425

    I'll confirm what you describe later today.

     

    Edit: for stills, I also get MPEG2 (in an m2ts file, which shows a general format of BDAV).

     

    A also filed a bug report.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 7:08 PM   in reply to m2425

    do you know how to make a still in H.264?

    Not me! Waiting for Ramesh to tell us; or to confirm that its a bug. Or perhaps that it is a moot issue: mediainfo only gave a max datarate (of 40) for this "still." Is there a quality difference between the mpeg2 and the h.264?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 9:57 PM   in reply to m2425

    This seems to be a missed bug. The fixed thing applies for motion menus only. I think static menus are missed. Right now, I can not think of a workaround for this issue. Stan has already filed a bug report.

     

    -Ramesh.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 4:51 AM   in reply to ram8kumar

    Thanks for that confirmation, Ramesh.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points