Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't login to Adobe Story?

Jun 21, 2012 2:30 PM

Tags: #adobe #script #story #sign_in #adobe_story #login_issue

I'm doing a project, and i need Adobe Story to do it. I am able to use the online version, but when I try and sign into the actual software on my computer, It says it failed to connect. It then offers offline mode, but it still doesn't work. When I click the "Sign Up" button and go through and enter my username and password it does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 10:14 PM   in reply to PrAEPs

Are you a Story Free user or a paid Story Plus user?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 2:41 AM   in reply to PrAEPs

I’m sorry. The beta version of the Story desktop application will not allow you to work online any more.

You can use Story for Free at https://story.adobe.com/

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

So you mean to tell me that if I want to use the product for "free" I have to trust all my project details and information to the Adobe website/servers/data managers or I have to pay Adobe to have full control over my intellectual property? That's a nonstarter with our production process.

I'll note that clicking "upgrade" on the free version's website does not take one directly to information to Story but dumps the user into the general adobe store website where it's difficult to find info re Story. Poor user experience engineering.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Peter Wiley

Peter.

We do not have access to your scripts even through they are stored on a server. Unless you provide access, no one but you has access to your work.

I agree that the store experience can be better. We are working on this with the Store team so that we can get this resolved.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to Peter Wiley

or I have to pay Adobe to have full control over my intellectual property?

How is that any different from buying Final Draft, or any other scriptwriting software?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points