Skip navigation
bradhaan
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading to Photoshop CS6

Jun 24, 2012 2:02 PM

Tags: #upgrade_cs4_cs6

I am stuck.  I have CS4 Extended on my Mac, but the new CS6 upgrade won't recognize it from my system, and also doesn't recognize it's serial number when entered.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to bradhaan

In order to install CS 6 upgrade, the previous version is not required to have installed on the machine. but you should have serial number for the same.

When you install CS 6 upgrade, it will first ask CS 6 serial , then it will ask CS 4 serial number.

I am not sure which application you purchased.

The CS 6 upgrade you are talking about is just the PS CS 6 or the full CS 6 suite  ?

For better resolution, please contact customer care @ 800-833-6687 Monday to Friday (5 AM - 7 PM PST)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to bradhaan

As you mentioned, you purchased the upgrade from Creative Suite CS 4, not from Photoshop, So CS 6 will only recognize the serial for Creative Suite not just for PS CS 4 extended.

Even if you not have anything installed on your machine, you can still install CS 6 upgrade and then choose the older version product you have and enter its serial number.

This is how Adobe upgrades work.

This mechanism gives you the liberty to install upgraded versions without even having older version installed on the machine. You just need to have the serial keys.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points