Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grabbing Cookies for PHP?

Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still some what a beginner with CF so take it easy on me. I currently have a web site that uses MyBB as a forum. My homepage/portal is programmed in coldfusion. Currerntly it is gathering post information so it shows latest posts and comments. I want users to be able to login here as well and then it redirect back to the homepage/portal. The login script works flawlessly, however, once someone logs in I want to be able to retrieve the cookies from myBB and then output the current user's username, userid, email, ect.

How would I retrieve the cookies information and then output the information with coldfusion?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can display any cookie in ColdFusion like this:

<cfoutput>

#cookie.cookiename#

</cfoutput>

If you want to see all the cookie names you can do this:

<cfdump var="#cookie#">

Hope that helps.

--

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc. | HackMyCF.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also agreed with Peter Freitag.  For outputing the cookie's information  in cf code, use <cfoutput> tag. The syntax is

<cfoutput>#cookiesname#</cfoutput>.

For see the cookie name for the revision <cfdump> tag is used in the code.Syntax is

<cfdump var="#cookiename#">

Thanks

Bipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation