Skip navigation
bbc01
Currently Being Moderated

Branching view and rollover slidelets

Jun 25, 2012 1:50 AM

Tags: #link #action #slidelet #rollover #branching #branch_view

Hello,

One of my menus has rollover slidelets to help the learner find the tutorial that best suits him, each with a link to the assiocated tutorial. Unfortunately, the branched scenarios do not appear under the branching view, that is, the links are not taken into account by Captivate as if there were no link to these tutorials.

This view is very useful for people who start working on the project and I would like it to be as helpful as possible.

Using Captivate 6.

Thanks,

Bertrand

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to bbc01

Is this a question? And to which event is the action 'Jump to ...' attached? Or are you talking about opening another CP-file?

Branching view is bit limited, I agree, but normal branching within a project will be visible there, as well as all other navigation possibilities. Navigation that occurs based on advanced actions will not be visible.

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to bbc01

Rollover slidelets are not classed as true interactive objects in Captivate because they have no Success or Failure state.

I suggest that if you want your menu slide to show up in the branching view then use rollover captions or rollover images with click boxes placed directly UNDERNEATH each rollover object.  Then you can program the click boxes to branch to whatever slide you need ON Success.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points