Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 Won't Shut Down...etc.

Jun 24, 2012 7:54 PM

hello again...

ever since a microsoft tech walked me thru a 'repair' (?) of windows 7 pro...Illustrator CS3 does weird things.

1st...when I attempt to link a photoshop file (psd)...(so as to place a transparent image in my design...which has to be cmyk for professional print...which is the only time I ever link to psd's)...i get this:

illustratorsux.jpg

then...when I go to shut down...I get this:

illustratorsuxmore.jpg

is there a way to REPAIR illustrator...???...w/ the install disc...or is there a quicker answer...???

thanx,

mark4man

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 4:25 AM   in reply to mark4man

"close the program", while inconvenient can be simply ignored...just click on close....does no harm

I get this on occasion with a few programs and I think it is a registry issue.  You can try to "clean" the registry (many free tools to do so like ccleaner) or often if you simply run the program (at start) as "administrator" that may fix it.  Right click the launching icon, click on run as admin.  It may be sticky and remain OK but you may need to do it a few times, especially after a cold PC startup.

Instead of linking, did you try to embed the file? may not be a great solution but may be a work around?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to mark4man

Sounds like your virtual memory settings need adjusting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change-the-size-of-vi rtual-memory

If this does not work give us a list of your drive names and empty space, along with a screenshot of your virtual memory settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points