Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RSS feeds...

Jun 25, 2012 8:01 AM

I've seen a couple of threads recently on RSS feeds; they dont look entirely answered, and the answers given are not helping me.

Bob mentioned in CS6 you just copy/paste the html onto the page (which worked for a twitter widget) but these RSS url do nothing:

feed://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&pagetemplate=rss

or

feed://alert5.com/feed/

I have 4 feeds like this that my client wants to use, any ideas?

Cheers

Alistair

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to mobly

IMO, the easiest and most reliable way to do this is to actually put the feeds on a real web page and link to that.

Avoids the problem that we had with Twitter feeds for a while where they had to be on a web page. Looks like that’s gotten straightened out.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to mobly

Hi Alistair,

RSS feeds are part of our custom storefront solution. Besides RSS feeds, we offer advanced social sharing features, video integration and many more. If you would like to, I can give you a presentation over Skype.

Best regards,

Tristan van Doorn

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to mobly

I mean put the feed on a page on your website. Set the page up with the proper dimensions such 250px x 350px and then create a 250x350 frame on the page. Link to that webpage (ex: www.mysite.com/rssfeed.html)

Try this service: http://rssfeedreader.com/

Any one feed/site is free so you can experiment and see if it does what you need. It’s really simple. Just specify the fee you want and copy/paste a little code to a web page. You can even customize the CSS to make it look really nice.

And no, I have no connection in any way to that site.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points