• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Audio Update

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 7/11/12 - We released Flash Player 11.3.300.265 today to address most of the audio issues that users have been encountering.  If you continue to run into sound issues, please try adjusting your sound format using the instructions below.

Update 6/28/12 - Please see "Flash Player 11.3 Status Update" for the latest information on our next Flash Player 11.3 release.  It includes details on the expected time frame and fixes that will be included.

In Flash Player 11.3 we added new, low latency audio support to allow Flash developers to improve their application and game audio performance.  It appears that under certain configurations this can cause issues that we did not encounter during our internal testing or in the two month public beta program for 11.3.

I will continue to update this post with additional information when available.

No audio in some of the speakers in a surround sound system on Vista or Windows 7

Please update to Flash Player 11.3.300.265

No audio on Vista or Windows 7

For users on Windows Vista or Windows 7 that receive no sound at all, please update to Flash Player 11.3.300.265.  If this build does not fix your problem, please try the following, temporary, steps.

1. Press the Windows key + R.
  2. Type control mmsys.cpl and press enter.
  3. Click on the active sound device in Playback tab. (Should be your 5.1 card)
  4. Click on Properties button.
  5. In the resulting dialog, go to Advanced tab.
  6. In the Default Format section, select 16bit 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
  7. Click on apply and OK.
  8. Go to IE/Firefox and play any Flash movie.
  9. Let us know what the result is.
  10. Also, play around with the Default format combo box in Speaker properties and let us know what works and what doesn’t.

No audio or distorted audio on Windows XP

For users on XP that are encountering no sound, please update to Flash Player 11.3.300.265

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps you provided during our Email conversations. SWFs play fine with the Flash Player (audio and everything), but FLVs are rife with the problems I'd sent in my bug report earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for those that have volunteered to help test the sound issues with 11.3.  We believe we now have a good handle on the underlying issues and we will continuing to investigate and test until resolved.  I will update this post when more information is available.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced stuttering issues since upgrading to 11.3, but only in Google Chrome.  Win7, 64bit, Firefox and IE (newest) worked fine.  I followed this fix and it has cured the issue.  All flash video in chrome was stuttering right from the beginning with video appearing smooth.  Thanks for the help.

PS: As of now, returning the setting to 24bit (highest level) did not make the stuttering return, but that's not to say browser restart, system restart, etc wouldn't make it return.  Feel free to email me if you have questions or want me to run any tests, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I'm one of the Vista users who had no audio whatsoever after upgrading to 11.3 last week. I've just followed the steps above about changing the Default Format to 16bit 44100 Hz for my speakers, and I can confirm that audio is working fine for me now with Flash videos on YouTube.

Before changing this setting I upgraded from 11.2 (to which I had downgraded last week) to 11.3.300.262. Then I changed that speaker setting, restarted Firefox, and tested a YouTube video and the audio worked.

Unfortunately I didn't think to check if the audio was working with 11.3.300.262 before I changed the speaker setting - it would have been nice to know.

In any case, after my test, I did then change my speaker setting back to what it originally was (16 bit, 48000 Hz DVD quality), restarted Firefox, and the audio still works just fine. So that makes me wonder if the speaker setting really is the culprit after all. It seems that 11.3.300.262 fixes the bug and it doesn't matter what my speaker setting is set to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is majorly in Chrome is very simple to come out of it

In the URL bar type chrome://plugins/

scroll down to 'flash' and if you see 2 files or more just disable any of them leaving just one enabled

goto youtube and try any video to check your sound.

Big-Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Big-Al!  I wish someone had told me this sooner.  It's been a real pain not knowing how to go back to an earlier Flash on Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added link to our "Flash Player 11.3 Update" post.  This post contains details on the upcoming release, including timeframe and included fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 11.3 I have no sound in any flash videos, and flash videos play at 3x speed. Forcing youtube to instead play in HTML5 resolves the issue.

I've since rolled back to 11.2, and am no longer experiencing the issue at all in Firefox.

Sound is only missing when I plug in my USB speakers. If I unplug the USB speakers and instead just use the on-board laptop speakers then sound works just fine and flash videos play normally.

Tried the suggested Default Format fix, and found out something interesting. The Default Format (for the USB speakers) is locked at 16bit, 46875Hz. The  drop-down box is greyed-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated with additional background information that describes the cause of the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cant get sound to work on chrome. Have submitted bug data and tried multiple fixes I need help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would report that I had garbled/choppy audio in Chrome (running 21.0.1180.11 dev-m) and the second fix above did fix my issue. I tried a few different 24bit settings, I believe DVD and CD quality, and had the issue with both (restarting Chrome between each setting). I'm on 64 bit Win 7 SP1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated original post with details on our new 11.3.300.265 release that was made available today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just now followed your (very clear, thank you) directions for NO SOUND in Vista or Windows7, and it did make a difference.

So, the only change I made was to reduce the output from 48000 (DVD quality) to 44100 Hz (CD quality)... and that did the trick. Hmm... using FF on Vista HP... also now working in IE... and Opera 12!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, previously my surround sound(5.1) did not work while playing Flash videos in Youtube or otherwise. Sound would only play from the Front Left/Right and Center speakers but not the Rear speakers. My sound card(Creative X-Fi) uses X-Fi CMSS-3D to convert 2.1 channel sound to 5.1 and it used to work fine until about a month ago before this release. Strangely, before this latest update, the rear speakers worked while playing Flash videos in Internet Explorer but not Chrome or Mozilla. Disabling the Flash Plugin for Chrome restored surround sound but certain videos(I suspect those with ads) did not play at all.

Solution: I used Chris's solution for no audio(wierd, because audio was working for my front speakers) after updating to 11.3.300.265 and changed my default format to 16 bit 44100 Hz(Studio Quality) and all sound channels worked again in all browsers. After playing around a little adjusting the formats, 24 bit 44100 Hz(Studio Quality) also works perfectly but not any other format, 48000 or 96000 Hz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, I am facing the same problem as Han (respone 14): my sound card (Creative X-Fi) uses X-Fi CMSS-3D to convert 2.1 channel sound to 5.1, but it won't work inside Google Chrome, only from IE. I tried disabling the Flash plugin in Chrome - no luck. I also tried a few different "Default Format"'s from the sound panel (the default for me in Windows 7 is 16 bit, 44100 Hz) - no luck either.

Appreciate any insights you could share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version and audio now works fine in IE but in chrome and pandora one ( adobe air ) the sound is mostly on the right channel unless I turn on virtual 7.1 on my headset. I am using a logitech g930. Checked and I am using the latest version of chrome and chrome shows the newest version of flash installed. Also tried reducing to cd quality audio and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problems with my Logitech headset as well. Worked fine until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logitech G930 here. The G35 users are having the same problem. Upvote

Bug  #3287972

G35 users have opened a thread at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4557262

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! I finally found a fix. I located Shockwave_Installer_Slim.exe, which is probably the beta for 11.6. That worked. Sound is back, good as ever, and it has only taken me about 3 hours to get here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have choppy audio, but since the most recent update, the Flash audio slider always defaults to 100% volume - way, way too loud, and does not remember the settings I move it to.
I open a YouTube video, and the Flash slider is shoved up to 100%.  I slide it down to 20%.  Open another YouTube video link, and the Flash audio slider is back at 100%

Please address this issue - or at least acknowledge it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@battlepriest - as noted in two of your other threads, this is a known issue for Firefox and we're working on resolving it.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210127

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been having audio problems since I updated to the flash player, tried the latest flash player but the problem still wasn't solve.

I have no audio ever since I updated, went back to 11.2, 10.3 and 11.5 but nothing seems to help.

I run on Windows XP 32 bit, the audio problem only affects my browser not system.

I watch video for lessons and the problem is really bothersome, please help! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thhours - What browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines