• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Having trouble activating your Creative Cloud subscription in trial applications?

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an "Internet connection required for subscriptions" error.  And yes, I'm connected to the internet, but I am behind a pretty mean firewall.  Product Updates can see my proxy and download, but Activation can't?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richhelvey are you utilizing a software firewall?  Are you using Mac OS or Windows?  I would also recommend reviewing Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NBC has a pretty hardcore firewall, but I can hit activate.adobe.com and whatnot manually.  And I went through everything on the page you link, both by myself and with tech support.  My case has been escalated to the next level because the guy I was talking to went through all the procedures he knew of.  Right now I'm trying to install it on a different artist's machine to see if it's just my computer, or something we're all facing over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richhelvey it sounds like you are on the right track.  Your IT department will also need to allow Internet access to PDApp.exe or Adobe Application Manager.app for Windows and Macintosh systems respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...  I doubt IT is going to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will these applications require Internet access otherwise you will be unable to utilize a subscription for your Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't they proxy-aware like every other piece of software I own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched this discussion out to a new thread.  CS6 is actually compatible with proxy servers.  I would recommend you continue to work with your IT department. 

As previously mentioned they will likely need to add an exclusion to allow PDApp.exe and/or the Adobe Application Manager to access the Internet.  This is unrelated to a proxy server and has to do with the configuration of the Firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question from our show's IT guy:  Can you tell us what the IP addresses, port  and name of system that the Adobe Cloud software is supposed to communicate with? 

He'll pass that info on to NBC IT, and hope they open things up for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of this information is in the document which was previously referenced in message #1.  You need to have access to https://activate.adobe.com and https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/.  These currently resolve into 192.150.16.69 and 192.150.16.211 respectively.  You will also need port 23, 80, and 443 available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT guy talked with an Adobe guy for a while, and they determined that the proper ports are open, but it's still not working.  Here's another question from him:

it looks there communication needs to translate on port 80 to make to work behind the proxy .. can you check if they can do that  or find alternate protocol that can transverse traffic on port 80 – because the web-proxies do not understand anything other than port 80 ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your I.T. guy saying that they are restricting traffic depending on what information is being sent through?  At this point I would recommend you or your I.T. department work directly with our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I've passed that along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously what ass hat in the team thought 443,80 direct was a moment of brilliance given most corporate environments don't allow staff direct port access let alone "contact our IT dept".

You have as much chance of IT opening these two ports as I have getting OSX rolled out to all staff. Instead of arguing about whether or not IT Dept's should or shouldn't contact the support team release a patch that taps into existing proxy settings for your inbound/outbound connections like any other software does today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mossyblogz you have responded to quite an old discussion.  Please see the Adobe Creative Cloud Service Access Documentation for IT section of http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html for information on how to configure a managed network to work with the Adobe Creative software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines