Skip navigation
rjh1007
Currently Being Moderated

synchronize settings and copy and paste settings not working LR 4.1

Jun 22, 2012 11:24 AM

Recently upgraded to LR 4.1.

The copy and paste settings and also synchronize setttings in LR 4.1 has stopped working.

Rebooted, nothing new added

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.60gh

16 GB ram

64 bit

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 22, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to rjh1007

That sounds very odd.  Which settings are you trying to sync?  Are both photos set to the same process version?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 4:07 AM   in reply to rjh1007

I am also seeing issues in 4.1 with Synchronize settings. I'll giove an example:

Select all images, change the white balance in most selected image, Click "Sync..." have only the "white balance" check box checked, click Synchronize biutton. All images in that folder appear to have synched, but looking more closely, some of the images did not get the white balance setting applied - this is really random also. Had the same issue trying to sync exposure across all images in a folder - 150ish images.

Never seen this in any version of LR prior to 4.1 - I have had them all since 1.2.

I am running Windows 7 x64 8GB on i7 920.

Hopefully Adobe are investigating this issue.

Paul A

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 25, 2012 4:28 AM   in reply to PJA Media

Hey Paul, what was the white balance setting on the source photo?  If it's set to 'as shot', it'll sync 'as shot' rather than the numeric values.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

Victoria, as I mentioned, I amended the source image's white balance - maybe I should have explained more clearly: I did this using a grey card in the first image of the set, so the source image's setting is a custom white balance with my specific temperature and tint applied. Also I should reiterate that the issue only effects certain random images from those selected. The same was also the case when I set an exposure value on the source image and synced this across all selected pics.

Update - I should also mention that I use process version 2012 on these images, and reiterate that this did not appear to happen in 4.0 or any earlier version - just in 4.1.

Thanks, Paul

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jun 25, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to PJA Media

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Any pattern you can find to the photos that don't work?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 2:39 PM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

Like I say, its completely random.

Victoria, I thought you had a Mac? It could be an issue with the windows 64bit version perhaps?

Cheers, Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to rjh1007

Bob, Strangely, I have not had a repeat of my earlier issues tonight.

This is a very strange phenomena!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to PJA Media

I have the same problem with my win7 / x64 installation. seems that the exposure settings are only pasted for the pictures which can be seen on the screen, not the whole set of pictures marked in the folder (in a folder with >400 images).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 9:45 PM   in reply to as31415rin

I'm experiencing the same thing after updating from 4.0 to 4.1 on OS X (Mac).  I've never had issues syncing before but now, when I select two images (or multiple) and hit the 'sync' button *nothing* happens.  Even if I check all boxes, absolutely nothing syncs over. Auto-Sync also seems to be busted for me as well.

Side-note, I just tried it about 12 times (and it never worked), I went to record a video using TechSmith SnagIt so I could show the issue, and on the first try while recording it showed the icons on the timline at the bottom as though the sync worked, but when I view the image history and go back to the import version, then back to the sync version, there are absolutely 0 changes.  This is definitely broken in 4.1 and it looks like I'm going to have to roll back to 4.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 12:39 AM   in reply to rjh1007

Since my experience (in reply 2) this issue appears to have gone away. Looking back at the issue I strongly believe that it occurred when my PC was being hammered by other apps and so low on system resources. Wondering if anyone else would consider this amongst their experience of the issue?

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 12:47 AM   in reply to PJA Media

All I had running was LightRoom and never had this issue on this machine with 3.X or 4.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to rjh1007

I'm going to add mine to the list.  Mac OS 10.6, Lightroom 4.1.  I closed everything but LR, emptied my cache, and it still wouldn't do it (good suggestion though Paul/PJA Media).

I am editing images that are on a hard drive that isn't internal, not sure if that is helpful.  This is the first time this has happened.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points