• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I can write Arabic in Adobe Illustrator CS6 ?

Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I can write Arabic in Adobe Illustrator CS ?

I use Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Design & Web Premi

And I write Arabic in Adobe photshop CS6 but I can't write in  Illustrator and  indesign

PLZ help me .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a font like Geeza Pro loaded, set up your keyboard preference and choose arabic for an input mode. You will want the middle eastern ME version of AI instlaled as typing backwards will not give you accurate results.

http://helpx.adobe.com/mena/using/arabic-hebrew.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinks for your help , The link help me to write Arabic in Adobe indesign but in Illustrator I can't

Any way thinkyou .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Write it in ID and paste it into Illustrator that should work although there might be some reflow problems and oncer pasted into Illustrator you might be then able to input the text as you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinks , I know that but need to write in  Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Photoshop, Middle-east/North-african type (MENA) is enabled in all editions. In Illustrator and InDesign, you need the MENA-enabled editions of the software. Please use these links to download the trial and explore Arabic language support in Illustrator:

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinks , but I use Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Design & Web Premi

Any way thinks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution to enable Arabic in InDesign or in Illustrator is to install ScribeDoor, a plugin from WinSoft Intl: http://store.winsoft-international.com/products/product/winsoft/scribedoor.html

Hope this helps

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can get an AI file with arabic formated text already in it, you can then use that existing text and replace it by copying new text into it or typing.

you can also create a paragraph or character style from existing document with arabic in it and apply it to other arabic. you can of course save the character styles into your default document.

you can search for an AI document with different arabic format options and make styles out of those because you won't be able to change type option like Kashidas, arabic or naskh justification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines