Skip navigation
JJVaglio
Currently Being Moderated

"Archive" and "View" buttons don't work after folio update

Jun 25, 2012 2:07 AM

Hi all,

I have a subscription to the professional edition and I have built a custom viewer app for Android. I have built about 10 folios and at first download all is ok, the folios are displayed without problems and the app works fine except for one issue: "Archive" button don't work, when I tap on it, near folio cover, nothing happens, the folio does not disappear from folios list.

But the serious problem occurs when I perform a folio update from Folio Producer ('Update content' from adobe dashboard DPS): both "Archive" and "View" buttons stop working, nothig happens when I tap tap on them and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall the application on tablet (.apk file) to see folio changes in my custom viewer.

This is very annoying as well as time expensive.

Tablet is Samsun Galaxy Tab SII with Android 3.2.

Any help is appreciated.

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to JJVaglio

Are you using a v21 viewer?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to JJVaglio

To the best of my knowledge, the SII is a smartphone and not a tablet device, and the official claim is (correct me if I'm wrong) that DPS on Android is corrently tablet only.

Anyway, it seems strange to me so checked and found out that even though the DPS apps are not available when you search for them in the Play Market of a smartphone you can still force load them to the phone and run them.

I've done it on both a Samsung SIII running Android 4.0.4 and a Samsung GT-I9070 running Android 2.3.6 (I currently don't have a device running Android 3.2)

The interface is so small that it's hardly possible to use it, but it works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points