Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't Open Downloaded CS6 Design & Web Premium Trial

May 15, 2012 11:54 AM

The above-listed download, from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=designweb_premium, yields a file DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.7z.adadownload.  There is no way to open this file.  Please provide a direct download; I cannot locate one from the link Jeff A Wright provided in View the full discussion.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

Please try a different web browser.  It is likely your security settings, add-on, or toolbars are interferring with the Adobe Download Assistant.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

Have you tried using Firefox?

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

Do me it seems that the download is not complete yet. How long did it take for you to get this file? I have a feeling that the download might have stopped midway.

After the download is complete, you should have 2 files one with a .7Z extension and another with .exe(Win) .app(Mac). Run the executable file to start the installer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

I have downloaded both the DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.7z file and the DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.exe file used to extract and install cs6 which we paid a small fortune for.  I have tried it four times on two different computers.  I have downloaded them with Adobe's download manager and directly.  The .7z file is corrupt.  Every single time I try to install it it fails at about 99%.  The popup error says "A problem occured while extracing some files.  Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder."  I have over 400gig of free space on both compters and I am an administrator on them.  I've tried it with Windows XP and Windows 7.  The file is corrupt.  Please help Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to ktlmn

I am testing the download of CS6 Design and Web Premium now via both the Adobe Download Assistant and the direct download option.  I will respond to this thread with my results.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Just an update since I will soon not be in front of the computer downloading CS6 Design and Web Premium.  The download utilizing the Adobe Download Assistant was successful.  I did receive an error when initiating the download through the direct download.  I am downloading again to see if the fact I had both downloading at the same time on the same computer affected the results.

For now I would recommend utilizing the Adobe Download Assistant to download the software.  I will update this thread once I have the results for the direct download.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I downloaded CS6 Design and Web Premium and extracted successfully on my second try.  Direct downloads don't have checksums in place to verify the download process is successful.  This is part of the reason we utilize download managers. 

If you are continuing to have problems with the direct download option then I would advise seeing if you have any other applications utilizing a high amount of bandwidth at the same time as trying to download the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

NicholeWilmette it will depend on what type of background items you are using.  If you are regularly downloading torrents for example then yes you would want to close that.  By the fact you posted that you only have 5 gigs available I doubt this is the case.

What type of an Internet connection are you using?  With only 5 gigabytes available it sounds like you may possibly be using a cellular device to connect to the Internet?  If so then I would recommend utilzing an alternate method of connecting to the Internet.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

You could download the install files at a local library and copy them to your computer using a USB drive.  This might be the best option if your computer is not portable.

You can try initiating a direct download using the steps listed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369.  I did not recommend this previously due to the error you received and the small cap which you have available for data usage.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

NicoleWilmette please make sure to follow the directions on the page exactly.  It is necessary to sign in and initiate a download of the trial normally before you are able to utilize the direct link.  Otherwise you will receive the message Access Denied.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

No if the software has installed successfully then you have downloaded and installed the applicable downloads.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

Yes the trial period begins once the installation is complete.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to NicoleWilmette

Your welcome Nicole enjoy the CS6 trial.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points