Hi, I'm not sure what is happening or how it can happen. I am building a test site (6 pages, php, text and images only) with horizontal menu.
Current problem seems impossible to me but I know there must be a cause and solution. Hoping someone has seen this before.
1. Using Live View I preview index. Looks good.
2, Move onto preview in FFox, IE9 and Chrome.
3. FFox renders same as Live View - great
Now the problems:
4. IE9 and chrome rendered the same: menu displayed as a vertical text list rather than horizontal list with hover and image background; one DIV showing different images for links
5. after 20 minutes, and a strong cup of coffee, IE is displaying correctly - menu list is horizontal with hover and background showing; images are correct. Machine has not been touched, only me here!
6. Chrome still displaying text list and different image links.
I kid you not, has anyone seen anything like this before?
I am an 'average' coder but am totally flumoxed by this. Single folder layout, single copies of each file. sequential clicks in Dreamweaver.
Any ideas most appreciated. I am going to double check and trace everything again in case I have made a 'stupid' error but I don't think this is the case.
Europe, Middle East and Africa