Skip navigation
Cammy Heggie
Currently Being Moderated

Inline Element Styles not in DW HTML...

Jun 24, 2012 12:09 PM

Tags: #jquery #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #javascript

I have been trying to use a jquery horizontal menu which I downloaded and have successfully implemented it into my dreamweaver page.

But I want to adjust the width and height of the actual links <a> tags but the CSS will not allow me to do it

I notice that when I view source in the browser there is a div class "holder horizontal" attached to each menu item, <a> tag and it has inline style for width and height - but it isn't in the HTML page.

I've checked the jquery file and cannot find any sign of a width or height style for a "holder horizontal" div

I want to know where these inline element styles are which are controlling the width and height of the menu so I can edit them...

Please can someone help me with this as I have reached a brick wall and cannot get anywhere further…

Many thanks in advance..

Cammy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to Cammy Heggie

You cannot assign a width/height to an "a" tag.  The "a" tag is an inline element.  You could set it to "display:block;" to change it to a block-level element but depending on the layout, you may want to assign the width/height to the block-level container of the "a" tag.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to Cammy Heggie

Most likely, the styles are being applied by JavaScript.  Can you post a ink to your page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to Cammy Heggie

Screenshots of code just make our eyes hurt. Can't really see anything.  For best results in this forum. you must upload your page and dependant files to a web server space and post the URL for us to see in our browsers.  We can find the code with our developer tools.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points