Skip navigation
Jason Villmer
Currently Being Moderated

Hardware Accelerated Video Texture?

Jun 26, 2012 4:01 AM

Considering how few folks are actually posting their questions here, I would hope this would be answered.

My question is regarding Hardware Accelerated Video Textures in Proscenium. Seeing how this API is being brought out by Adobe themselves and they have the ability to provide access to this feature, I'm curious why something like this has not been done?

The folks over at Away3D have detailed that they have also requested this support from Adobe but have not have any response from Adobe on this. This is pretty sad considering these guys actually develop this entire API on their own time with no financial support from Adobe.

Now that both Flash Player and AIR have been kicked in the teeth by the HTML5 / Javascript tidal wave, one would think Adobe would be paying attention to the developers who are still doing all they can with their technologies.

Hardware Accelerated Video Textures (H.264) in Proscenium (for web and mobile deployment) would be a great way to say to folks like me that you are still listening to the people using your tools.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 2:54 AM   in reply to Jason Villmer

I agree

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers