Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

problem with re-opening PDF in Illustrator/Acrobat/Photoshop

Jun 26, 2012 3:11 AM

In Illustrator I save files as .PDF to either reopen them in the same software or place into Photoshop. It works always fine, and I haven’t changed anything, but now, some files would not open in either program nor in Acrobat Reader. In Illustrator a menu 'text import options' pops up, when clicking ok, nothing appears but an empty frame; Acrobat says: either not supported file or file is damaged; Photoshop says it’s not a valid file.

Can someone help me? A lot of work seems to be going down the drain… many thanks, Chriggy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to Fantasmorama

Sounds like you've got some disk corruption.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to Fantasmorama

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 4:47 AM   in reply to Luke Jennings

Disc corruption has little to do with Illustrator. It's a symptom of a failing or overfull hard drive in most cases. Or perhaps some other hardware issue. Bad RAM can cause corruption as well.

First thing to check is how much free space a hard drive has. If it's less than 20% the total drive size... you need to make room on the drive. That may solve the issue.

Next test would be to alter the RAM configuration by pulling out a stick if possible and testing to see if the issue is still present.

Next test would be to replace the hard drive.

Beyond that you would need to have a repair service look into the issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points