• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro X didn't install with CS6 Design & Web Premium

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CS6 on my Windows 7 laptop.  There were several error message, but most things seem to work, EXCEPT Acrobat Pro X didn't install. 

I searched through the forums and many people seem to have had the same problem, and I have tried several of the suggested solutions, including uninstalling and reinstalling, but I got the same errors the second time. 

I am getting  "Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\23007d2.rbf.   Verify that you have access to that directory." errors, but I am logged in as Administrator.  Also "WARNING: DF012: File/Folder does not exist at E:\Adobe CS6\payloads\AdobeFireworks12en_USLanguagePack\OEM(Seq 76)" warnings.

I am including the whole error log below as I need a solution now!  I have also run Adobe Support Advisor - see result at end of the log below.

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ... WARNING: DF029, DW065 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 7 warning(s)

WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {402F6F2E-5683-491C-977D-0CA599A07CAF} CS6 Design and Web Premium 6.0.0.0

WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {A4ED5E53-7AA0-11E1-BF04-B2D4D4A5360E} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0

WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {9D3BB9DA-1F59-4DCF-A0BB-691FA8EA2582} Adobe Illustrator CS6 Core (64 Bit) 16.0.0.0

WARNING: DW065: Display requirements not met for {7D4E9D10-AED6-485D-A2B0-9A1DF1A55545} Adobe Illustrator CS6 Core 16.0.0.0

----------- Payload: {CFA46C39-C539-4BE9-9364-495003C714AD} Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0 2.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

----------- Payload: {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\23007d2.rbf.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\23007d2.rbf.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

----------- Payload: {CA7C485C-7A89-11E1-B2C8-CD54B377BC52} Adobe Fireworks CS6 12.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF012: File/Folder does not exist at E:\Adobe CS6\payloads\AdobeFireworks12-mul\OEM(Seq 2141)

----------- Payload: {05E1E278-7A8D-11E1-A0B9-FC0245DB7244} Adobe Fireworks CS6_AdobeFireworks12en_USLanguagePack 12.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DF012: File/Folder does not exist at E:\Adobe CS6\payloads\AdobeFireworks12en_USLanguagePack\OEM(Seq 76)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Acrobat Professional: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements

Adobe Support Advisor issue description:

cpsid_83578r3: Error, "Validate license at Pre-chrome" when installing - Creative Suite 5

Click here for details and corrective actions related to this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Are you certain you have followed the KB article properly for error 1310 ? Ideally it should have worked .

Please try the steps in this link as well , as it is the error mark down by ASA:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/install-log-error-validate-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RBF files are Windows' own install cache/ signature. If it says you have no access to that folder, then something could be going on, but generally in light of your other errors and warnings due to insufficient system specs this could simply be an unresolved dependency for a third-party library or something like that. This might get you on track. And also try to run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and attempt another install.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Mylenium.  I finally had time to try this on the weekend, and that cleaned up nearly all the warning messages, but unfortunately it didn't work for Acrobat Pro X.  I also deleted my old CS4 and ran the Cleaner Tool again, just in case that was causing problems. 

I found this - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-1310-error-writing-file.html - and I patiently tried every solution mentioned, but after hours of mucking about with this and trying to install this many times I simply don't know what to do next.   

The problem appears to be the Conflig.msi folder and I have checked that I have access to this folder right up until I run the CS6 install.  After I get a message saying that I haven't been able to install because it is unable to write to C:Config.msi I go back to that folder and find that my permissions have changed.  It seems to be the install process that changes this - is that possible?

I'm hoping someone from Adobe Support will read this and respond. It is very hard for me to access live chat as the hours only suit people in the US and I'm in Australia. 

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain you have followed the KB article properly for error 1310 ? Ideally it should have worked .

Please try the steps in this link as well , as it is the error mark down by ASA:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/install-log-error-validate-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Manish.

Yes, I followed all of the steps as shown in that KB article.

I have now chekced my permissions and tried the change of location which was suggested in the link you posted.  I started creating a new Administaror account, but I now have to recreate my Internet connection and I just want to be sure there isn't another way I can fix this as it seems a lot of trouble, when all else in CS6 has installed okay and just this one program is experiencing problems.  Is this likely to work and be worth the effort - given that the solution doesn't related directly to my problem and noting that I have spent hours on this already!

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly , the initial Kb article should have resolved the issue unfortunatly it didn't.

But the error in the ASA can also not be avoided hence follow the steps in the Kb given it may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manish. 

Success at last!  It was the last thing on the link you sent that worked - creating a new user account.  It didn't work the first time and gave me the same error message, but with a different file name.  I gave up in frustration and truned off my laptop!  But, I switched on my laptop again a little later and this time when I started up, it said that a previous installation hadn't been successful and recommended I try again using recommended Windows settings.  I accepted the settings and this time it went right through!

Thank you!

P.S. Do installations on Macs have these problems?  I'm vaguely considering switching from Windows to Mac after this experience (the final straw in a long line of frustrations!)

Lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem can be anywhere and anytime , yes with Mac as well may be in a different way.

Honestly I cannot say Windows is good or Mac in relation to installation it is more of the user specific , Installation is a one time work , using the software is the daily job so it's you who has to make decision.

If any problem will come , we are here to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manish.

My comments were just wishful thinking expressed after a long frustrating time trying to do soemthing in Widnows.  It took me several hours to install that software!

Cheers,

lesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completly Understandable .....

No need to worry we are here to help with best of our efficeincy......Have a nice day..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue installing an update for Acrobat X Pro and I also have Windows 7. I'm so frustrated with this.

Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\1658852.rbf. Verify that you have access to that directory. Action ended 15:34:12: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Any assitance would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks. Kori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines