Skip navigation
villagesocial
Currently Being Moderated

Which edition should I be using?

Jun 26, 2012 7:45 AM

Tags: ##adobe ##adobeviewer ##ipad ##app ##dps ##custom ##question ##single ##singleedition ##enterprise ##professional ##indesign ##publication ##restaurant

Hello,

I am a freelance designer creating an interactive wine and pairings menu for a restaurant. I have created the entire publication and want to get it published to the iTunes store so that their customers can download prior to entering and the menu works for non-customers as well.

I originally purchased the single-edition version but recently saw somewhere that you are unable to add changes to that once it is live. There could be changes to this app as time goes on and I am going to need to be able to update.

My question is two-fold:

1. is there a better version that I can be using? I haven't used the serial number they sent yet so maybe I can exchange?

2. Is there a way to build a custom app with a custom icon on the iPad (i.e. if they use it just in their restaurant, I dont want them to have to go through the adobe viewer each time)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this process is a bit confusing and starting to get frustrating.

Thanks!
Kristen Buchholz

kbeedesigns.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to villagesocial

You’re going to be best served in this case with Single Edition, IMO.

Sometime later on this year, you’ll be able to create an unlimited number of DPS SE apps as part of the Creative Cloud membership. On the occasion that the menu gets updated, just submit the updated app to Apple.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to villagesocial

No. All anyone knows is "sometime this year."

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)