Skip navigation
JWalsh Design
Currently Being Moderated

Assignment missing design elements

Jun 25, 2012 4:48 PM

Tags: #indesign #incopy

I work in InDesign CS6 (mac) and send assignments to our copywriter who is working with InCopy CS5 (pc). When he opens the assignment, two  text elements on the page do not show up in Layout mode (or Galley mode). These are not included in the assignment to be edited, but there are other elements that are not included but they show up on the page. We have been sending work back and forth for years and have not had problems before now. Any thoughts as to what is causing this? I will also mention that I am working with xml tags in the file (for exporting to web).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to JWalsh Design

Your writer needs to upgrade.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to JWalsh Design

How are you sending them?

Are you using a dropbox folder (highly recommended)? Did you include the graphics in the assignment?

A screenshot of the new assignment dialog would help. Finally, make sure the InCopy user has view>display performance> typical or view>display performance>high quality selected.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to JWalsh Design

There is no way I know of to send an assignment that doesn't contain everything on the spread. However, anything that is not included in the assignment will be dimmed back a bit and will not be editable.

Can you post a screen shot of one of the spreads in InDesign and have the InCopy user also make one and post it?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to JWalsh Design

Were these files originally created in an earlier version of ID? If so, strip out all the InCopy stuff and export to IDML. Open that and start again.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points