• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 Debugging

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did a search and didn't see anyone else commenting on the CF10 debugger so it may just be me.

I just installed CF10 and turned the debugging on and two things are driving me crazy.

1) The error message overlay block some of the information.

2) I'm not getting the detailed information I used to get - and yes I have turned it all on in the Debug Output Settings. What I get now is a message saying that the highlest level object encountered an error and in CF9 I would get the details - line # etc of where the error was actually encountered. So lets say I call a CFC and the error happens in one of the CFC's functions, the message I get back says that the template calling the CFC encountered an error. Before CF would output the entire chain of what object called what and show me the line in the CFC method where the error occured. I'm also not getting the the SQL that was run when excuting the SQL failed.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain you have "enable robust exception handling" switched on?  Because that's what controls what you're asking about, and it sure seems to behave the same on CF10 as it did on pervious versions of CF to me.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam

I do have that switched on. I see output for the ode that runs but am not getting the detailed error information that normally shows up in the grey box with the blue header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... hang on... you didn't install CF10 with the "secure profile" option did you?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have. I vaguley remember that coming up in the setup.

I'll see if I can disable that or reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, well that messes with the debug output as the security people @ Adobe thought it was divulging too much info.  TBH I think that was a misfire of an idea, but so be it.

To get rid, you don't need to reinstall, you just need to get rid of the error handler in CFAdmin.  You should be back in business after that.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent - that was the problem.

I shut down the CF service and renamed secure_profile_error.cfm (found in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\templates) to xsecure_profile_error.cfm, then restarted the service.

Have all of the error details now.

Thanks Adam. Really appreciate the help.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation