Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reformat Mag with Facing Pages for DPS

Jun 22, 2012 11:36 AM

Hi all,

I would like to find the best way to split a publication, doc set up with facing pages and auto numbering masters.

I want to reformat for from 8.5x11 facing pages to ipad tall format single pages

My best result so far has been to apply liquid layout to scale for all pages and masters. Then Change doc setup to Ipad (1024x768 tall). It reflows and scales like a dream (for the most part). Then I go to doc Setup again and unclick Facing pages. and all is still fairly ok. The issue is that the master page folios particularly the right hand folios do not move properly. and when I reapply a right hand master to a sigle page the it apply's the left folio instead???

Any Ideas?

Much Thanks.

Steve S.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 10:12 AM   in reply to SFS-DPS

Looks like you have pages with a lot of text. That's all going to have to be restyled and that will likely result in more pages.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to SFS-DPS

You are running the risk of the app being rejected by Apple.

Overlays moving to the first page of an article is fairly common complaint and it’s bug in the ACV that seems to happen mostly with horizontal swipe only set for the article.

I find archiving and redownloading the folio to fix it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to SFS-DPS

Poor user experience. Too much like a book.

Either one, unless I’m missing something and based on what I can see here, would be perfectly valid rejections.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points