I just recently upgraded my suite from Encore CS5.0 to 6.01 (on a Mac).
When I started a new dvd project and imported all my pre-encoded/compliant elements, the stereo WAV file said Untranscoded under the blu-ray transcode status. Normally this wouldn't matter since I was making a dvd, but I had just made a blu-ray the other day using this same audio file in CS5 and I was pretty sure that it said Don't Transcode when I was making that.
Sure enough, when I opened the old bd project in CS5, the elements said Don't Transcode in both the dvd and bd status columns. When I opened the project in CS6, it said Untranscoded in the bd status, and I was unable to pick Do Not Transcode in the Properties tab.
As a test, I duplicated the file in Finder and dragged it into a new project. The copy said Do Not Transcode across the board in both Encore versions. ????
Anybody else having trouble with how CS6 is seeing audio files? This could just be some strange fluke, but there were definitely different results based on the Encore version.
Mylenium. Thanks for the reply. There may be something to what you suggest, but there's still a bit of weirdness.
With the couple tests I did just now with totally new projects saved in a completely different location from each other, it seemed that the transcode status was dependent on the version of Encore AND what was originally selected for the project settings. If blu-ray was selected for the project setting, then both Encore versions showed Do Not Transcode across the board in both the bd and dvd status columns. If dvd was selected for the project setting when starting a new project, then CS5 said Do Not Transcode, and CS6 said Untranscoded (like the graphic above). Going into the project settings and changing it to blu-ray did not help change that status.
HOWEVER, I can only duplicate this strange discrepancy by doing these magical steps in this exact order:
- first opening a CS5 project in CS5, closing - don't save, quitting Encore
- opening that same project in CS6, closing - don't save
- start new dvd project in CS6, (pointed to new or same save location as other project), drag in same audio files used in other project
At that point, deleting the files in the project, deleting cache folder, and cleaning Media Cache Database all seem to not help. If I drag those audio files in again, some will now say Untranscoded when they really should be good to go. Quitting and reopening CS6 fixes this.
Basically just don't do those steps.
Europe, Middle East and Africa