Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Simple Question by a Novice in Flash

Jun 26, 2012 11:14 AM

Tags: #cs5 #swf #animation

Dear Forum, I apologize for asking a very basic questions but the day before yesterday was the first time when I opened my Flash Pro from my CS5 suite the first time. I have been editing AVCHD home movies in CS5 and now, I was trying to add some animation with Flash. After two days of hard work, I managed to create an SWF file with a motion tween that I could add to PrPro: The SWF is a map on which a ship (vector graphic) moves from one harbor to the next. (I managed to size, edit the motion, etc.) So far all is good. But I am stuck at the next step: I would like to move the ship to the next harbor after it stays at the present one for a few seconds but I can't manage this. I can add a new timeline and a new motion tween but the ship will not be exactly at the same location where it finished the previous journey. I am sure there must be a simple solution to accomplish this. Sorry for the long post, and would appreciate any help. Laci.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to LaciG

Why will the ship not be where it was at the end of the first tween?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to LaciG

If the new timeline contains the same stuff, you can copy and paste the last frame into the new timeline so that everything is where you left it.  And you don't necessarily need to use a new timeline, you can continue right where you left off in the same timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to LaciG

You're welcome Laci

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers