Skip navigation
canadianego
Currently Being Moderated

How do I manually delete Adobe Bridge CS6 preferences?

Jun 26, 2012 1:53 PM

Tags: #help #adobe #bridge #preferences #delete #cs6 #manually

So I've come across some problems with Bridge not starting after I downloaded PS CS6, and many people have said to clear the preferences. I've tried doing the whole "hold ctrl & open Bridge" but it doesn't work in my situation, so I was wondering where exactly do I go to manually delete the preferences

Bad question no doubt, but will there even be preferences made if I haven't actually been able to start Bridge once?

Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 5:35 PM   in reply to canadianego

Seem like the links to Adobe fact sheets are broken, so have not been able to find one on manually resetting preferences.

Since you have not set up cache for a different location it should be in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Adobe\Bridge[#]\Cache, at least that is what one source says.

If not there look in C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge[#]\Cache.

Be aware AppData is a hidden file so turn that on in Windows Explorer.

In your case I think you either have a bad install or there is some conflict with Bridge and another program on your computer preventing it from opening.  Anti-virus programs are the #1 cause for problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to canadianego

In cache you should have 256, 1024, data, full.  Open up Data and you should have mysql and bridgestore.  But since you have no data probably nothing there.

You should have Bridge CS5, CS5.1, CS6.  All seperate folders under Adobe.  If you still have those on your computer.

If you liked Bridge CS5 then you should like CS6.  No significant change exccept it is now 64 bit rather than 32 bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 6:14 PM   in reply to canadianego

Send a screen shot so I can see what you are looking at.

Use the camera icon above (reply window) to upload.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 7:06 PM   in reply to canadianego

You are getting above my pay grade, but since you have not opened Bridge perhaps it has not created the folders.

I see you have Photoshop CS5 and Photoshop CS5.1, but where are the Bridge CS5 and CS5.1?

Here is a link for a person with PS that would not open.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1016860?tstart=0  He had to delete a file.  Perhaps similar situation?  Like I say I am really out of my league here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to canadianego

Did you ever have Bridge CS5 and CS5.1 running?

Since Bridge is not a seperate program I don't understand you can have PS and not Bridge installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 8:03 PM   in reply to canadianego

You may have a totally messed up computer.  My advice at this point is to uninstall your Adobe products, run the Adobe Script Cleaner (free in downloads) and reinstall.

Install in the order they were issued, unless you don't want them on the computer anymore.  So CS5, CS5.1, CS6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points