Skip navigation
zedascouve
Currently Being Moderated

Director 11.5 and .app and hqx for the Mac

Jun 4, 2012 12:55 PM

Tags: #x #os #.app #11.5.hqx

Hi all

I´m facing some problems on get both .app and hqx projectors running on some OS X versions.

In some  machines the hqx runs pretty well in others nope. The same is happening with the .app with the odd warning of trying to open the projector on a browser window and asking users to download shockwave.

In short: what is the projectors done with D 11.5 target OS ???

this is my first croos-plataform and i´m pretty lost, any help will be great.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to zedascouve

Is the problem when running the application off a hard drive or off a CD? I have heard of the problem of asking for Shockwave when running from a CD. The issue in that case was the format of the CD. If you give more info on when the problem happens (where it is running from), the type of projector you're using (Shockwave/regular) and any other details of what is happening, it will be helpful in reolving teh issue.

Dean

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 9:29 PM   in reply to zedascouve

So, it's working on some Mac computers but not others? What are the differences between computers - different OS version perhaps?

Generally, it's better to create Mac projectors on a Mac.

Dean

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 7:19 PM   in reply to zedascouve

>Generally, it's better to create Mac projectors on a Mac.

>>You drive me really confused. Director 11.5 for windows isn´t able to generate cross-plataform projectors???

Director can create projectors for multiple platforms.

When I say it's better to develop Mac applications on a Mac, it's because of the way that Macs treat files that is different to PCs. On Windows computers, a file type is defined by its 3 or 4 letter extension and having the related software installed. So, .dir is recognised as a Director source file if Director is installed on the computer. On Macs, a file has 2 components - the content itself and the description. A file can be recognised by its type/what program created it without a filename extension or even having the software installed. The problem is when moving a file from a PC to a Mac, the content part of teh file remains in tact but the description part can be lost.

Hope that makes you less confused by my last statement,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points