Skip navigation
Mark Schlesinger
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign 5 upgrade to 5.5?

Jun 27, 2012 3:04 AM

Tags: #cs5 #cs5.5 #indesign_folio

Hi. I cannot open a document created in InDesign 5.5 in my version of InDesign 5. It presents me with a list of plug-ins I do not have and refuses to open it. What are my options? Can I upgrade from InDesign 5 to InDesign 5.5 now? Can I update the plug-ins? (forums I have read suggest this doesn't work). Would I need to upgrade the whole creative suite? My mac OS is 10.5.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to Mark Schlesinger

Your options are pretty limited at this point. If you bought a Suite package, you must upgrade the entire suite at once, but even if you have an individual license for ID, the odds of finding a CS5.5 upgrade are getting pretty slim since CS6 has been out for over a month. I'd check places like Amazon, though, where they might still have some old stock.

And no, you can't update the plugins. If you need to open the file in CS5, it will need to be exported to .idml from CS5.5 or CS6.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to Mark Schlesinger

You can't buy CS5.5 anymore and even if you could find it you wouldn't be eligible for a free upgrade...that offer has long since expired.

Best advice I can give now is to move to Creative Cloud at $29.99/month. That intro special ends on Aug 31.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points