Recently we have been facing quite some complicated issues.
1.) We are trying to change the destination path in the remoting-config.xml but after doing so and restarting the lcds.war file, the changes are not being reflected. Though i must mention that the changes we made are visible in the remoting-config file. But when we run the application, it does not work corresponding to the changes.
2.)Also if we enter new destination entry in the remoting-config.xml, it displays the fault message that the "destination id does not exists.".
3.)And finally one more issue we are facing is that when we update a jar file in the lcds war file library, the changes are not being reflected.
What we actually do is that we build the project on our local machine and deploy it on the server. After making the changes and deploying, we restarted the lcds server. But still the problem persists. Can u suggest what might be the possible root cause?
Thanks in advance
See Shaibal..What happens is that when you compile your Flex code, it embeds the reference of the services-config.xml at compile time. So, when you make the changes in the data-management-config.xml, the reference of which is in services-config.xml, it gets compiled in the Flex code as well and does not get updated at times even if we restart the server.
So, two things here:
1) Make sure when you change the destination id, you clean the Flex project code and then build it.
2) Next, restart the machine.
At times, Flex code kind of holds the old reference.
For us this has worked. If other configurations are ok, this should work.
You can also go into the project properties in Flash Builder, navigate to Adobe > Data Services and click on Retrieve Channelset Information to force this to be reloaded from the server. Post retrieval, settings are stored inside the project in the dataservices folder in the file channelset-config.xml, you can have a look at that file to confirm it has the latest information.
Europe, Middle East and Africa