This is when trying to import an HTML article into an existing .folio. It's as basic an HTML page as I can make and it still be worthwhile (just divs & css). There's no spaces etc in any of my file names.
This is the first time I've tried to import an HTML article.
DPS details: version 126.96.36.19920611_m_691037
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Yes, I have separate folders for each article, all within one enclosing folder.
The HTML article is one of about 20.
Perhaps I need to recrate the folder... I'll try that in the meantime.
I copied the files into another folder (the old one has previously had an .indd file in it, so was wondering if it had a reference to that file).
The HTML file is HTML5; could that cause it to fail? The Folio Builder panel goes nowhere, just pauses then generates the error.
COuld it be down to the v21 build? Other 'plain vanilla' .indd articles continue to upload fine.
Here's an article on importing HTML articles:
I have now encountered the same issue and fail to resolve it.
After having tried every possible combination of folder structures (assets in local subdirectory, same root and moving everything into HTMLResources), trying various flavours of html (5, 4s, 4t) and turning my nose 90 degrees east while pressing "import"... the error persists.
I am pretty sure that this has absolutely nothing to do with the content or structure of my HTML article. Heck, even a completely vanilla HTML file (valid of course) with a single line of text in the body and no styles, assets whatsoever: fails.
It does work when importing it to a completely new folio though.
Can someone please confirm that she/he is still able to import HTML articles to preexisting folio, after the latest folio builder panel update?
The reason for this issue seems to be simple and is indeed connected to the last update.
For each folio project, you can now set a viewer version in the folio properties.
Folios created prior to the update, have this set to "undefined".
Set it to v20/v21 = problem solved.
I think a problem of this scale should not have made it to retail and the error message points to sloppy QA as well. The value being undefined is not a format mismatch. Assuming the above can be confirmed by others, of course.
Thanks Akecj - perfect! Changed my settings on the folio (Was unspecified, now v20 just in case) and works a treat. The problem was not with the way I publishing the HTML or the formatting I used.
The joys of emerging technology!