Skip navigation
kenwae
Currently Being Moderated

Why does my clone stamp and brush do this??

Jun 27, 2012 3:31 PM

CS5, updated, Win 7 SP1, 64bit. If I use my clone stamp or brush, and probably other tools as well such as patch tool, healing brush....but, I tend to mainly use clone stamp and brush so that is where I'm seeing this behvior, ....what hapens is this: the selection, rather than being applied to where I put it, goes way off over someplace else on the image. So, for example, if I am wanting to touch up a person's lips, and select an area I want to use as the fix, then apply it to the area I want to fix, the selection does not go onto the area I want to fix, but may end up on the person's foot, or off in their hair someplace. This does not happen all the time, but rather what appears to be random. It's very frustrating. This has only started happening in the last couple of months. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. -Ken

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to kenwae

Hi kenwae,

The Clone Stamp does not work that way (with a selection), so I'm thinking either you're not accurately describing what tool you're using or you're trying to use the Clone Stamp improperly (and may have crossed it up with the Patch Tool).  Or maybe you're using the terminology in a misleading way (e.g., choice of clone source isn't the same as making a selection).

Can you please be a little more specific, i.e., give a step by step process describing just what you're doing?  That would be helpful.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points