Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove catalogues from LR4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "catalogues" ?

In Lr speak the "catalog" is the data base where Lr stores / saves everything you do in Lr.

Or do you mean images?

Single images or a group of selected images are removed from Lr by right-clicking and selecting <Delete Photo>. You are then given the choice of <Deleting from disk> which sends your image(s) to the Recycle Bin / Trash Can or of <Remove> which removes the image from Lr but leaves it on the hard drive wherever it is right now.

You also can remove folders from Lr by right-clicking them and selecting <Remove>.

When you are in a Collection you can only remove an image from the collection; you have to go to the folder first to do the above mentioned things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to delete all edits, etc. contained in the catalog, then delete the folder containing the .lrcat file - that'll remove it from disk, permanently (or move it to recycle bin). Dunno how to remove it from the list of recently edited catalogs. Note: catalog must not be open in Lightroom.

*** WARNING: Only do it if you are sure you never want to use the catalog again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob Cole wrote:

Dunno how to remove it from the list of recently edited catalogs.

Lightroom updates the list automatically, Rob.....delete a catalog and it'll disappear from the "recently opened" list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out: To remove catalogs in menu Lightroom>Catalog Settings. In Catalog Settings Menu open General and click-on "Show." The folders containing the Catalogs appear and drag those to be deleted to the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my question is this? Once I remove the catalog the way you discribed this process, when I open up LR4 the Catalog should not be there any more right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sportyman1401 wrote:

So my question is this? Once I remove the catalog the way you discribed this process, when I open up LR4 the Catalog should not be there any more right?

When Lr does not find any catalog it will come up blank and wants to import images. If you then cancel import Lr will show/display no images at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines