• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Illustrator CS6 from Adobe Application Manager

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for Creative Cloud, and am getting the message "The download appears corrupted. Press Cancel, wait a few minutes and try again (-60)" error when trying to install Illustrator using the Application Manager.

I have successfully installed Photoshop and InDesign, but tried several times with downloading and installing Illustrator.

What is wrong? How can I solve it?

Reagrds,

HÃ¥kan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the Illustrator as the Trial from the adobe.com. Once installed you can License the software with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible either. The installation aborts due to error 101. There is 4.25 GB free on drive C: and 533 GB free on drive F:

I have also checked if there are any updates in progress, but there is not (I checked the registry, as explained in Adobes help for this issue)

The files downloaded to the Illustartior folder befoer installation is aborted, messures 4.13 GB.

I have Illustrator CS5.1 on the computer, downloaded before.

Windows 7

What is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late response ,

@Ledsjovagen,

Follow the steps in the Article for error 101 :- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assistant.html ,

@jsnola,

the install file from the AAM are saved in the Temp folder with the unique ID folder , however this files gets deleted automatically when the install completes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem..

But - the issue is not solved.

According to the Article, the error was because of too little space. I have now 6 GB on the main disc (C: ) and 533 GB on the installation disc (F:).

Still installation fails, even if I do it all over again.

I could not think this is too little?

If I run the Install-file, the error that is reported is "missing file".

Reagrds,

HÃ¥kan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your "Main disk" is where your windows 7 installation resides and it's temporary files are created 6GB of free space may not be enough. Think about 6GB pf hard disk space in comparison to your RAM memory - say it is 4GB, 8GB, or even 16GB of ram then 6 GB or hard disk space for the operating system - the hard drive will not keep up. I recommend more free space on OS drive.

Jay Seastrunk, AIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer Jay, I have realized that this was not a good solution for my copmuter, but as a novice I followed the recomendation made by the dealer who build the computer...

However - there has been no problems in intalling the Creative Suite, not the InDesign CS6 or Photoshop CS6 - so I am a bit puzzeled about what makes Illustrator so special? There are several files extracted and put on the F:drive (as mentioned above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process (from reply #1) worked for me on a failed indesgin install.  Would love to know where temporary install files of Adobe Applicaton Manager are stored and what they are named so I could delete them esp if they are corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines