Skip navigation
davidmarcashton
Currently Being Moderated

Why does acrobat pro crash so much.!! Its beyond a joke.

Jun 26, 2012 5:27 AM

Tags: #acrobat #pro

Does any body know of a fix please

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to davidmarcashton

I had this problem as well. It would crash everytime I tried open a new file, and then fail to restore anything after restarting.

I was able to "fix" the problem by completely reinstalling Acrobat and then redownloading from the CC page. Make sure you completely uninstall before you try to redownload, or the Application Manager will show that Acrobat is still installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to davidmarcashton

What operating system are you using?

You'll need to go into the Acrobat program file to access the uninstaller (Acrobat X Uninstaller).

For Mac, go to Applications > Adobe Acrobat X Pro > Acrobat X Unistaller (shown below), or read this Adobe article.

For Windows 7, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Adobe Acrobat X Pro > Acrobat X Uninstaller.

Acrobat.jpg

If you have any problems, you can post on the Acrobat Installation and Updates forum, or you can try using the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool. Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to davidmarcashton

No worries! If I remember correctly, I had the same issue. Is the Acrobat file still showing up in your applications/programs folder? If so, try dragging the whole Acrobat file to the trash and then emptying it.

EDIT: The CS Cleaner Tool is another quick way to completely remove any Adobe application.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points