Skip navigation
SROBBD
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message: Missing MSVCR71.dll

Jun 28, 2012 5:41 AM

Tags: #encore #msvcr71.dll #digital_juice #the_juicer

Having an issue with Adobe Encore not opening due to an error message: (The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.) I had this exact issue a while back and it was after a bunch of research a direct correlation between Encore and Installing or updating a program called The Juicer by Digital Juice. Unfortunately I cant remember what I had to do, but I recently updated The Juicer and am having the issue again. Any help would be great??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to SROBBD

Sometimes the other QT components might make it difficult for Encore on a system.

Try copying The msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll from the Adobe Bridge folder (generally found at  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6) to Adobe Encore folder.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to SROBBD

You are always welcome.

Glad that you can work with Encore.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 4:48 PM   in reply to SROBBD

That is great news!

if you have a moment, you might want to mark the thread as Answered. That will help others, who visit the thread later, and will help Adobe do a better job with the forums.

Good luck, and happy authoring,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to SROBBD

My bad. The term that I should have used was "Correct," and that takes care of it.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to Ramesh_Encore

Hi

I've also just had this issue, and the suggested solution worked for me too, so thanks for that

Can anyone explain why it suddenly failed?  I was trying to write a DVD when everything locked up and I couldn't even switch the machine off

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 3:38 PM   in reply to PmPhotographic

Do you have the Juicer program? According to the original poster, it was a Juicer update that resulted in the problem.

Many issues result from an update to one program or another deleting or changing a file that is needed by other programs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points