Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Saving PDF from Flash

Jun 27, 2012 5:28 AM

Just wondering if I can make a PDF file from data within my Flash application, using a native function say like the prinjob or do I have to utilise a third party application like AlivePDF. I have used printjob before to send flash files to printer but this time i want flash to make a PDF file specifically. Would love a native Flash solution for this, don't really like mucking about with third party components, plugins and API.

Any help or assistance would be quite welcome.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 27, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to FlashTapper

you can use printjob if the user has something like doPDF.  othwerwise, you can use alivepddf but i found using server-side fpdf is better.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 27, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to FlashTapper

fpdf is php code so your app would need to run on a server.  will it?

also, the last time i checked alivepdf it had been neglected for a while and didn't seem to have many features.  that was version 0.1.4.6 and thibault's now on version 0.1.5 so i may be selling it short.

after checking his comments about 0.1.5 i think i would give that another chance before using fpdf.  (and, if you're not running your app on a server, you won't be able to use fpdf, anyway.)

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 28, 2012 6:01 AM   in reply to FlashTapper

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2012 12:02 AM   in reply to FlashTapper

If you want to save PDF from Flash, you can use a PDF to flash flipbook maker to do. you can import your PDF file into a flash page flipping book and then publish for Web, Mac, Mobile devices, CD, or Zip for Email.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points