Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageVideo?

Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decided to work a bit with StageVideo today and not having much luck. Using CS6 and publishing to AIR3.2 I am getting unavailable when listening to the StageVideoAvailabilityEvent. Getting this on two different Win7 64 machines, both of which have good video cards. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong, or why I might get unavailable?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure stage video will be available, you must use wmode="direct" at all times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing in Flash - wmode is for the browser... so it's not applicable is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - I do have render mode set to direct in AIR settings and still get unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AIR you can select a wmode o render mode

wmode.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this direct

direct.JPG

I tried to compile the example from here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/stage_video.html

But I'm not home and the machine I have at the moment is really very old, and I also say unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Esdebon, I'll check publish settings when I get to work, since I do believe it defaults to none. Although, I am thinking the AIR settings should override anything set here. I was using the same example you cited...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That had no effect. Starting to think it must be my machine... but running a Starling test on it, and I get DirectX as the renderer being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck yet?

Having the same problem. When testing in the browser it works fine, but when debugging in Flash Builder or CS6 it's unavailable..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

StageVideo is not available in AIR for Windows. According to the Flash roadmap, it won't be available on Windows until 2013.

And unless they change things, you would set the render mode ("Direct") in the AIR Settings window, not the Publish Settings window. They're two different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines