Skip navigation
tlcano
Currently Being Moderated

Remember Paste Location?

Jun 27, 2012 1:30 PM

Tags: #indesign_cs6 #mac_os_x_10.7.4

Hello-

We prepress several stores, and then place them on a larger document for output. The layouts are imported into existing picture boxes, and there are color bars between, so they must be placed precisely within the box. In Quark, I was able to circumvent this by modifying the location of the imported files, deleting, and saving this new location in my template. This doesn't seem to work in ID (we are using CS6). Is there a way to control this? I know that we can use Paste Into to get a second copy to use the same formatting as the previous file, but if every store is different, that won't help us (the box doesn't remember the location if another layout is imported there). Any other suggestions? Am I missing a basic keystroke, or is this something that would need to be done through scripting?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to tlcano

I'm pretty sure I'm not understanding the question. Can you give us some screen shots?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to tlcano

Yeah… that would go for me too… There is a paste in place ( edit menubar ) and every box has it's own frame fitting options… ( object menubar/fitting/the last entry… ) Have you tried these out?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to tlcano

Are all of these coupons the same size?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to tlcano

So why not jsut select all the frames on your template and set the fitting options to fit content proportionally or center content?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to tlcano

Ummm. Have you considered resizing and/or reposition those frames inthe template so it does work?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 2:12 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

If you are updating/replacing previously placed and positioned images/graphics and the replacement is the same bounds just drag n drop it in over the top…

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,123 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to tlcano

If you are using OSX try the script linked in this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4248435#4248435

|
    Mark as:

More Like This