Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

A link issue, conflict between hyperlink and textframe

Jun 28, 2012 3:31 PM

Tags: #link #hyperlink #conflict #textframe

Hi all,

I noticed some unpredictable behavior after creating a normal textual hyperlink in a textframe. Although the link appeared ok when previewing (both in Muse preview mode, as in a preview browser (Chrome)) it had suddenly changed its state when I was about to click it. After some puzzled attempts I noticed that the hyperlink changes into the 'hover' state once the mouse is over the textframe which contains the link, and not the link itself. When I click the link the behavior is as predicted, but moving off the textframe, and re-entering gives the same effect. Somehow the textframe catches the mouseover event, in stead of the link. Is there a way to disable this behavior, and target the hyperlink in stead? Many thanks in advance. (I searched for this issue in the forum, and encountered similar issues with menus, but not with textframes, if I overlooked an answer, my apologies in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to EelcoNL

I've also noticed that the states seem to be a bit buggy. What exactly are you trying to do? To change the 'hover' effect of a hyperlink, you should create a specific link style, and apply it to that hyperlink. I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

-Julia

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to EelcoNL

Hi,

Apparently you have selected the text frame and applied the different states to that.

In order to style a hyperlink you have to select the text and click on the Hyperlink option on the top bar and select the a text link style from there. If you have not previously defined that you can click on the Edit link styles and add the styles from there.

Check this screen shot,

http://project02.businesscatalyst.com/jing/2012-06-29_1859.png

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to EelcoNL

Hi,

Please select the text frame and click on the states window and let me know what you see. It would be better if you can share a screen shot like this,

http://project02.businesscatalyst.com/jing/2012-06-29_2328.png

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points