Skip navigation
HqDVD
Currently Being Moderated

Popup Backgrounds in Photoshop

Jun 29, 2012 9:47 AM

What is the workflow or step by step instruction on how to cut a background into segments and place in a button group in order for the background to show in an Encore Pop Up menu? I have 4 button groups or timelines that i want to use in my pop up menu and i would like the background to show as the user selects the pop up function.  I am new to photoshop so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 10:17 AM   in reply to HqDVD

Not sure what exactly you are asking. Display of any graphics just depends on putting them in the correct button group folder. If not labeled with any of the special tags in parentheses, they will simply be considered background items and flattened when rendering the menu.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to HqDVD

Not sure if I understand your question.  Blu Ray Pop Up Menus do not have a background element, as the menu buttons appear over the top of your video (your video is the background).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to HqDVD

I am not an expert on Pop Up Menus, but constructed one recently using a Motion Menu kit from Precomposed.  They have excellent tutorials on the enitre DVD authoring process, and one of them spends some time on Pop Up Menu construction generally.  It might provide you some answers to your questions: http://www.precomposed.com/tutorials/products/pro_motion_menu_kits/Enc ore_Authoring/ .

Somewhere around the 15 minute mark he addresses Pop Up Menu construction in Photoshop.  I hope it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to HqDVD

With the Marquee Tool (m) on Photoshop just select the part you want for the button from your background and then right click & select Layer via Cut and then put the new layer you made into the folder that belongs to that button. You can put a background on any pop-up menu but you have to cut it into pieces and put them in the folders of the buttons, and also make sure that they are not overlapping.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Here's a link to the same question: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1027384?tstart=30

Message was edited by: m2425, images were too big

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to HqDVD

Edit the menu with buttons in photoshop. Duplicate the "background" layer so you have one copy in each button group (as the bottom layer in that group). Now crop that layer so it appears only in that button. You might want to add a frame.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points