Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text Changes

Jun 29, 2012 7:59 AM

I'm building an Affect Effects composition from 10 +/- psd files.

I have 4 golf balls flying out of the sky on to the grass...looks good and works good.

I want to add different text to each of the 4 balls. I put the text on the first ball, no problem.

When I add the second ball and put the text on it the text on the first ball changes to the text I added to the second ball.

I want different text on all 4 balls. How is this done?

I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

BobB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to 13806

Sounds liek your ball is actually a pre-comp and you're changing the text in there. Consequently, this would ripple through all the instances where the same pre-comp is used. You need to duplicate the pre-comp in the project window, so it becomes a separate entity and then replace the balls with different text with those duplicates.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to 13806

I'm assuming you are creating the balls with CC Sphere applied to a pre-comp with a golf ball texture and a text layer. The trick is to use a different pre-comp for each of the golf balls. Everything in AE is dynamic and non destructive to the original footage. Using the same layer again and again as a texture works because all 4 balls point to the same texture. You'll just have to make sure that you have 4 copies of the texture and text layer for each of the balls.

Hope that makes sense.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to 13806

Just duplicate your precomp

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status