Skip navigation
Chris Campbell 9,455 posts
May 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Aug 2, 2012 2:13 PM

Tags: #revert #problem #flash #audio #crash #bug #firefox #player #solution #workaround #realplayer #rollback #11.3

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Over here at MOG we're seeing issues with audio skipping and distortion for our users who have recently upgraded to Flash Player 11.3. When we have them downgrade to 10.3 the problems go away. After some debugging it seems that the issues arrise when the stream buffer has fluctuations, but not empty. This is a big deal for our service and we're going to be instructing users to downgrade until the issue is fixed. Let us know how we can help get this resolved ASAP. Thanks, Stephen (Director of Product at MOG).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to sgarciaDev

I should also say that we're seeing this issue manifest in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Haven't tested IE yet, but we're getting community complaints from this browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

We are experiencing similar issues when using Flash 11.3 (as well as 11.2 and 11.1)  regardless of browser or platform (Windows/OSx). We use Digital Samba's Onsync offering with Flash Media Interactive Server 4.5. Audio often fades in and out or sounds, tinny or like the latest electronica album and during a video conference, when audio is introduced, the video becomes degraded, jerky and out of sync. Although it is the last version that works, we would rather not have to tell our customers to downgrade to 10.3.

Thanks,

Dana (Director of Quality Assurance)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Mine works, but only for so long. Then the game i'm playing or the youtube video i'm watching starts to get choppy and stops ans starts. (almost like the old antenna TV's used to when there was a storm and every few seconds it would freeze and then start again.

Then soon after i get a grey screen that pops up with the dead/sad faced adobe guy that says flashplayer has crashed and to relaod the page and send a crash report.

I always send the report. Also, I switched to Chrome to see if it was just Firefox that was the issue, and Crome seemed to be working better at first, but I still have the same problem......It only works for so long and then it starts to get slow and choppy, and before you know it flashplayer has crashed again.

I tried unenstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I don't know what to do, and I am not very good with computers, so I don't want to try fixing something and wind up causing more problems......

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, When i download flash player 11.3.300.262 and try to install it it just doesnt go into chrome, version xxxx.xx.xxx.257 doesnt work for me, but 262 does, so just wonder why it doesnt work, doesnt show up in about:plugins, only the 257 one, downloaded it for chrome, firefox and so on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

thanks, finally my firefox not crashing anymore. Last week ive downgraded to 11.2 after having some problems with content on facebook. Now i ve installed the 11.3 update. thanks once again

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:54 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris: So when i install the version i want, i have to disable the other one before? I didnt quite understand the text, im running Mac OSX btw.

EDIT: I tried to first disable the plugin and install the new one, it didnt show up. so i uninstalled flash player, deleted it from internet plugins so it didnt show up in the about:plugins site, installed the working one, and then i restarted browser and the bad version still showed up, pretty wierd because 262 is a newer version, that works. But it forces me to use the non working one.

Any solution around this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

yes, thats what i did on my windows pc, the one i game on. but on my mac it doesnt work. i cant install the 262 one, it just doesnt show up in the plugins bar, i just have the 257 one. even when the installation manager says its finished. Just doesnt wanna show up. or it downgrades auto on mac. Do you have a beta for 262 for mac that works i can try?

REally frustrating that the browser gets competly slowed down and it take about an hour to load a 30 sec yt vid in 420p

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 8:50 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris,

I have tested Flash Player 11.3.300.265 (verified) on both Internet Explorer 8.0 and Firefox 13.0.1 - much improved overall sound (no longer tinny), but still some intermittent audio skipping / rolling / sticking / static.

XP SP3

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris:

I tried the 265 beta release. No fix to my problems. In fact, it is worse. Youtbue videos do not load at all, whereas previously I was only missing the audio (Firefox 13.0.1, Win32 Vista)

I downgraded to Falsh 11.2.202.235 and all is well.

Thank you for the status update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to stinky_jim

Chris, I downloaded the installer Flash Player 11.3.300.265 Plugin. There is no change whatsoever to  my nearly constant Firefox crashes on my XP Pro. I use an old version of Firefox (3 something) due to later incompatabilities with Roboform given that I have many hundreds of logins stored.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 4:12 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

I have downloaded the Flash Player 11.3.300.265 Plugin for Windows at home and there has been little change.  I only get 2-3 popups about the "ERROR" per day, so that is a decrease in the frequency at least.  I have just loaded the new plugin here at the research office computer and will let you know if there is any changes on the XP window machines here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

We have 11.3.300.257 and have been seeing stuttering, buffering and freezing on the PC even with low or moderate bitrate videos. These same videos play perfectly on the Mac. Could this issue be related? I'm trying to roll back to an earlier version to test if it's 11.3 that's doing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to buskerdog1

Our issue relates to video conferencing rather than video playback, so I’m not certain if related.

Thanks,

Dana

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to ijustam

It appears that most posts refer to problems associated with viewing videos. My XP Pro is crashing without any video use.... just using Firefox or Outlook Express. It's becoming tedious.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I was having a problem with FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crashing repeatedly and apparently randomly. I spoke to Chris and tried installing V 11.3.300.265. This did not solve the problem. I am attempting to get a debugging dump but this system is configured for debugging other software and I am having problems getting the process to dump. I will update if I get more information.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to friedone

I have had the same problems on my research office computer and also my home computer.  The new file sent by Chris has worked on my office computer and I have not seen any "errors" show up on this computer for two days.  However, the same file has not worked at home.  Amazingly, I'm running the same browser and OS on both computers.  I have no idea what that means, but am glad my research computer is 'fixed', knock on wood.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to gstahl

I am on a pc-laptop, XP home version SP3, and had the stuttering echoing sound issues and video lags and freezes with the 11.3 version.  I downgraded to 10.3 and had no more issues.  (never had them before until the 11.3 came along).  Then yesterday with the latest 11.3 update with reported fixes for Firefox users, I went ahead and installed it.  Same sound and video issues came back.  It did not solve the issue for me unfortunately.  Going back to 10.3 again and hope another update with a solution to this comes soon.  Thanks for working so hard in trying to figure out a solution to this! 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I downloaded the 11.3.300.265 test build sent to me by Chris Campbell. This fixed my choppy sound issues on Firefox. Windows XP Pro SP3. Note I tried the update to 11.3.300.262 and that did not work. Reverted back to 10.3 then used link sent to me to upload to the test version of 11.3.300.265 and I'm back to normal. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I installed the 11.3.300.265 build Plug-in and ActiveX versions for IE8 and Firefox 13.0.1 respectively. Installation worked perfectly and after checking the main web sites I use the  the issues with distorted sound have been fixed. Thanks very much! System specification as follows

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model:Latitude E6500             
    BIOS:Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A14
    Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory:3572MB RAM
    Page File:1476MB used, 3976MB available
    DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

[Display]

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600  @ 2.80GHz (2793 MHz)
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
    DirectX version:9.0c
    GPU processor:Quadro NVS 160M
    ForceWare version:176.07
    Memory:512 MB (256 MB Dedicated)
    Video BIOS version:62.98.68.00.04
    IRQ:16
    Bus:PCI Express x16

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have downloaded and tested the version of flash (below) on my PC. It still has the stuttering audio problem whenevever I use the mouse and rollover a suggested video in YouTube.

Here is an example URL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liqF6EamiE4&feature=g-all-c) and roll the mouse up and down over several videos in the suggestions section of the page.

Flash Player version: WIN 11,3,300,265
    Debug Player: No

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 1:44 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Pelase help me:

I have problems with flash player in both Firefox and IE. Each time I install Flash player it works only for the same day and the next day no flash files are played and I receive the notification that I don't have flash player. I check my add-ons and there's no flash player there! But in control panel> programs and features I have them installed but the icon is somehow missing! I'm tired of removing and reinstalling F player everyday! My OS is Win 7 32 Bit. Each time I install the latest F player available. Please Please Please help me!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 4:49 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I've installed the 11.3.300.265 version of plugin, however my issues with sound not working or freezing when using terminal services are not fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to kancaras

I've just installed .265 version of flash and it seems to solve my problems with sound. I tried this build with following browsers:

Firefox 13.0.1

Opera 12.00

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m

All on 32 bit Windows Vista Ultimate. I believe in my case the issue is soundcard, which is an oldie Creative X-Fi. Anyway, everything works fine by now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Flash Player version: WIN 11,3,300,262 showing ghosting and green bar with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card (driver 296.88). I rolled back the driver with a clean install to version 275.65 and cleared up the issue for now. Bug report filed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 6:06 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

I've been running the Beta 265 version in FF 13.0.1 in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit for awhile now. (Note: I really had no issues with 262, just testing this one out). The loss of browser focus is still there. I've had a couple crashes:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-f8b16f3d-f27f-4c6e-89b 9-4c8f62120708

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-53aaf2f7-421e-4320-b5d 7-9e7322120708

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-02fb4477-a88b-4050-b0c 3-bbe122120708

They've all happened while watching NASCAR RaceBuddy at nascar.com during races. But, that was after using it for more than an hour and I think 1 race it never crashed. I had other tabs going at the same time and I'm sure some of them also had videos or other flash content. Other than those hiccups, no problems with playing videos or any audio issues. Doing any testing here where something has to run for an hour or more and may or may not occur would be a pain to test/verify if any settings actually fixed anything. I wonder if I should even report it but they did happen.

Oh, was testing out myspace as someone reported a problem there: http://www.myspace.com/tomhouse and it doesn't work when trying to play music there but I think that's due to a coding issue on their end not recognizing the version number as valid or something.

Mark H.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

Created bug for the nascar.com crashes: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3283287

Thanks,

Mark H.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to mrheadrick

I've installed the final version .265 and it seems my problem was solved. Multichannel sound on my Creative X-Fi in Win7 x64 works fine.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (4)