Skip navigation
RCMTRE
Currently Being Moderated

I used a Photoshop file as my background for a brochure in InDesign CS6 and when I print it thru eit

Jun 29, 2012 2:15 PM

I used a Photoshop file as my background for a brochure in InDesign CS6 and when I print it thru either InDesign or via exporting it as a pdf it always has a white border.  How can I eliminate this?  I was on the phone with a tech for an hour and fifteen minutes.  The answer I was given is that InDesign places white borders automatically.  Need help, the white borders do not coincide with a mostly black background.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to RCMTRE

Is the printer capable of borderless printing?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to RCMTRE

Now I’m completely lost. How is this an InDesign issue?

Please give us very specific information and a few screenshots wouldn’t hurt.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to RCMTRE

I am not certain you understood the technical support person from wherever you shought help.

ID will simply output what you tell it to. If you have designed a brochure that has a bleed and your PS file extends into the bleed, and you output a PDF with the correct settings, and send it to a service bureau (not certain about instyprint) that can print that size with bleeds, then trim it to size...phew. Seems like a run-on sentance there.

As for printing to the edge of a piece of paper on a local printer that supports it, you need to set up the printer to do so. At least that's how it has worked with the borderless printers I have used.

If you need an inexpensive brochure printed, try Quantum Digital. As long as you design it to their specs, it is a quick turn, the printing is fine for most inexpensive jobs, and they are pretty inexpensive. Offset quality they are not.

But your file better be constructed properly.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points