Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore asking foe Serial #

Jun 28, 2012 9:39 PM

I have a creative cloud license but encore is asking for a serial nymber and will not launch.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to 74designer

Me too!  about 50 minutes age.  and I see that on the manager it's no longer there as an option to install.

I have a DVD to get out this afternoon.  HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to 74designer

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem, installed CS6 Premiere Family yesterday and now I get random failures when asking to open Encore. All related to serial numbers either asking for a serial number or telling me the application will not run in trial mode....

Fingers crossed for some advice but its not good when you rely on the SW for a business.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to 74designer

Was this problem ever solved?  My Encore CS6 is suddenly asking my for a SN, even though, as a download under my Creative Cloud Subscription, it had been working fine before.  The other Cloud apps all work as expected without a SN.  What's goin' on?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to rossdc

Hello. Yes it did work itself out, though I've not received any explanation.

My guess would be some crazy tech issue at their end, as I've had a few other issues subscription wise. Strange emails and such.

Robert Parsons

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to 74designer

I had similar dialogs, 74designer -- the one with the expiration in 31,000-some days was funny.  Haven't had that one back lately, and the incidence of having to sign in each time seems to be lessening as well.  Why does this always happpen to us when we're on deadline??  ;-)  Thanx for the advice.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:28 AM   in reply to 74designer

Well, my problem got solved.  I must have downloaded a trial Encore CS6, forgot I had, and when the trial expired, of course I had no SN.  I contacted Adobe Online about this "trouble with my Creative Cloud Sub," and the guy gently informed me that Encore is not, in fact, included in the Cloud membership.  That explains it..  Ha.  What a moron I am.  FYi to others.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:44 AM   in reply to 74designer

Yes, damn it -- proving I'm still a moron.  Obviously the kid in the chat center didn't know any better and I didn't clock in until after we rang off.  I'm now uninstalling everything in the PRPRO6 Fam and downloading and reinstalling it.  Good thing I'm not on a deadline!

Oh, wait ...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to 74designer

Looks like the fresh download is working without a hiccup -- so far!  Fingers crossed ... 

Thanks for the sanity check, ~74.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points