when I try to edit a clip from preimere pro cs6 with the context menu "edit clip in audition" it gives me the low-level exception occurred in: waveform audio (exporter) error in the log and does nothing.
what is happening and how do I fix it?
I have no idea - except that if it's happening at the export stage, it's almost certainly not an Audition problem. The other reason for thinking that this is the case is that we haven't had a single report of it here up to now...
I agree with Steve that this sounds like it's happening within Premiere, before anything gets sent to Audition. I'm going to move this thread over to the Premiere forums as they may have a better idea what's happening and how to solve it.
Often, when two programs in a suite are being used with one another, which forum to post to, can be a bit of a gray area. Those, who suggested the Au Forum, probably fixated on that part of the workflow.
Had you posted here, there might well have been a few, who would have suggested the Au Forum.
As the Au folk have not encountered this error, the PrPro Forum is probably the best place to be right now.
Unfortunately, I have neither encountered that error, nor have I read of it, so I am of no use, other than to say that someone here will probably be able to get you some help.
Now, I do agree that at the point in your workflow, where you are encountering the error, it probably IS a PrPro error.
Any updates on this? I am having the same problem. I select "edit clip in adobe audition" then it gives me the "A low-level exception occurred in: Waveform Audio (Exporter)" The clip is a standard def avi with the stereo audio channels each on a different mono track. This happened when I sent it through Pluraleyes to sync with another camera. I tested sending another clip that I manually set to the same configuration (each channel turned into mono and given it's own track) and it worked.
>happened when I sent it through Pluraleyes
That would seem to indicate that the problem is with Pluraleyes... settings or process... I don't use Pluraleyes so can only suggest looking there, but can't suggest what to change
I guess I should have noted all the projects this occured in I had used plural eyes on. It seams with the latest update of pluraleyes it takes the stereo tracks there were in the project and makes two mono out of each track, which is when I started noticing this problem, it's also an annoyance in general as it takes up more screen space. I'll foward this thread along to singular software and see if they can release a patch.
well I updated from Plural eyes for win 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 today and installed the new connector for prpro and it seams to be working now. i still hate that it takes stero tracks and makes them two mono tracks though.
Europe, Middle East and Africa