Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I keep getting "low-level exception occurred in: waveform audio (exporter)"

Jun 29, 2012 11:14 AM

Tags: #audio #premiere #playback #audition #cs6 #multitrack #playback_issues

when I try to edit a clip from preimere pro cs6 with the context menu "edit clip in audition" it gives me the low-level exception occurred in: waveform audio (exporter) error in the log and does nothing.

what is happening and how do I fix it?

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to jfinnigan

I have no idea - except that if it's happening at the export stage, it's almost certainly not an Audition problem. The other reason for thinking that this is the case is that we haven't had a single report of it here up to now...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to jfinnigan

I agree with Steve that this sounds like it's happening within Premiere, before anything gets sent to Audition.  I'm going to move this thread over to the Premiere forums as they may have a better idea what's happening and how to solve it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to jfinnigan

Often, when two programs in a suite are being used with one another, which forum to post to, can be a bit of a gray area. Those, who suggested the Au Forum, probably fixated on that part of the workflow.

Had you posted here, there might well have been a few, who would have suggested the Au Forum.

As the Au folk have not encountered this error, the PrPro Forum is probably the best place to be right now.

Unfortunately, I have neither encountered that error, nor have I read of it, so I am of no use, other than to say that someone here will probably be able to get you some help.

Now, I do agree that at the point in your workflow, where you are encountering the error, it probably IS a PrPro error.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'm with Bill.  Haven't ever seen this myself, or reported here.

List out the specs of the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Any updates on this? I am having the same problem.  I select "edit clip in adobe audition" then it gives me the "A low-level exception occurred in: Waveform Audio (Exporter)"  The clip is a standard def avi with the stereo audio channels each on a different mono track.  This happened when I sent it through Pluraleyes to sync with another camera.  I tested sending another clip that I manually set to the same configuration (each channel turned into mono and given it's own track) and it worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to JRCvids

>happened when I sent it through Pluraleyes

That would seem to indicate that the problem is with Pluraleyes... settings or process... I don't use Pluraleyes so can only suggest looking there, but can't suggest what to change

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to jfinnigan

I guess I should have noted all the projects this occured in I had used plural eyes on.

Yeah, any third-party software or hardware should always be mentioned in the original post.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Well, sounds like it's a problem with Pluraleyes.  Adobe should really include a sync tool like pluraleyes. It saves so much time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points