Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Offline pdf downloads stuck...

Jun 29, 2012 6:51 AM

Hi guys, I hope this is the right place to ask about this.

I've been trying to grab some of the CS6 offline help files that are now appearing, but for each one things seem to get stuck 'Pending Intergration'. When I initially try and download them, they get stuck apparently extracting the finished downloads. Obviously this isn't the case, as they're typically less than 10 megs.

Any ideas? The Help program really is poorly coded (on my Mac I often need for force quit it, because it refuses to quite otherwise) but despite this, I assume downloads should work

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to Reactor10k

Here are direct links to the CS6 manuals (user guides, Help) now available in PDF format  for all applications in Creative Suite:

http://bit.ly/cUSJa8

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Reactor10k

Sorry, but I don't know that. I'm not actually on the documentation team; I'm on the video products' development team. I just put that post together because my customers were having a hard time finding the documents.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 2:15 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Can't you contact someone that could answer here and take the measure of their BIG mistake!

This Help thing is a total shame for Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Reactor10k

If you're giving feedback on this forum, that feedback will be seen by the documentation team, since it is their forum. You'll have to be patient, though, since most of us in North America are on a break for Canada Day and US Independence Day.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Ok

We can wait a few more days ... online help should have been released with the product anyway so there's no "hurry" anymore.

We just want to know quick if the "PDF reference" file was just a joke and they are working on something more serious and professionnal as a help file

or if we will have to "guess" how to use the new "clouded" product from now and for all new future realease cause the doc team has been disolve and is none existant anymore.

I am a teacher as well and maybe you should be aware that their could be new young customers that haven't tryed any previous version and that will need a proper documentation for the last up to date version to become new users (customers)...

I am not joking this is really a serious serious matter

Documentation is the heart of a product usability don't think that we are to lazy to read it so don't be to lazy to produce it ... no matter how long it will take, but to me a product wihout help is just beta, and i will not encourage anyone i am teaching or asking to switch to CS6 and cloud for the moment...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to XR21

Hi all:  if you are seeing a "Pending integration" message that goes on and on, then there is probably an issue with corrupt configuration files.   Please try deleting the following files to clear the cache:

Windows: %appdata%/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 

Tip:
    To find this directory in Windows, copy the preceding phrase into the Windows Explorer file manager.

Mac OS:
    /[user name]/Library/Preferences/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1

Then restart the Help Manager to reinvoke the download and PDF installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to Reactor10k

Hi Reactor10K:  okay - can I ask you to try one more thing to help us debug the issue?  The Help Manager should allow you to update the individual PDFs ala carte (rather than via a bulk download).  Can you try the following:

1. From any CS6 application, please open the Help Manager

2. Click into the Local Settings tab in the Help Manager UI

3. Select any of the individual PDF files shown as 'out-of-date' or 'update available'

4. Click the Update button in the lower left corner to update the single PDF file

5. Click Open PDF (on the lower right) to open the individual PDF

Does that seem to work for you? If so, then that would let us narrow the issue down to the bulk extraction/installation process.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to Reactor10k

Yes, the app seems to be quite buggy as I described in this thread:

New Downloads Cycling, Not Installing                    

The extraction happens but the dialog is not dismissed. You have to click the X, then click Done, then go to the Finder to quit the application, then reopen the application (I put it in my Dock), and eventually you can get it loaded so you can download it.

It's faster to go to the Help menu in your application and choose Photoshop Support Center. That takes you to a web page, and on the right side, there is a link to download the PDF file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Reactor10k

Hi folks:  many thanks for your patience here -- the engineering team got on the phone with a few customers who experienced this issue in an effort to debug the error.  I have outlined the steps that the team used to resolved this issue here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1040531

Are you guys still experiencing this issue?  If so, please let me know and I will set up a conference call with engineering to escalate the issue further.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 1:42 AM   in reply to Mark Nichoson

Hi Mark

Yes, I have still this issue after the cleaning of these 2 directories :

%appdata%/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\Help

After the cleaning, I restarted Help Manager and the downloads were restarted but they stayed in "Pending download" state.

So I'm stuck !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points